Forums are back in action! ×

Getting back on track

I began my fitness journey three years ago, a year after my daughter was born and my husband left us. (He decided that being a father was not for him.) I became super depressed ballooned up to a very hefty 350 lbs. Then while looking at some photos from my nephew’s birthday party it hit me like a ton of bricks, the realization of how far I had let myself go. I overhauled my life, I got a labor intensive job, began to measure out all of my food and kept a very close eye on my weight. Pretty soon I started spending every spare moment I could at the gym on average I would be there for about two hours a day. I ended up losing 100 lbs, however it over took my life.

I became so obsessed that my parents were practically raising my daughter. I was not being the mother that I wanted to be and once I figured out what was happening I could not even look at myself in the mirror. It was unacceptable to me, so telling myself that staying with my meal plans and keeping active would make it fine. I quit going to the gym and worked on becoming the mother that my daughter deserved. As it does, life got in the way and eventually I stopped keeping up with my fitness and began to gain weight again. This time it was my little girl that shook me awake. My four year old asked me why mommy’s tummy was so big. Now I am not as big as I was before but I know I definitely have to do something.

I stumbled upon Nerdfitness when looking for a better way to combine my home life and my fitness, and I knew it was the place for me! For now my battle plan is to do a body weight workout three times a week and run/jog a mile two times a week. Week by week I will slowly raise the difficulty. I already eat a diet fairly close to the paleo diet so I am not too worried about changing it too much. For now I just want to focus on getting my calorie amount under control.

Well I guess that is enough for now, I have always had the problem of being a little long winded. I can’t wait to become a part of this community, to gain the support and wisdom of all of you, and to be able to support others like me. :panda: -FluffyPanda

Welcome to the rebellion, Fluffy Panda!

As they say; out of the mouth of babes oft times come gems. it's good that you want to get in better shape while remaining a good mother. Everyone has to be a juggler nowadays. :) Bodyweight workouts are awesome!

Good luck with your goals and keep us posted!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.