Forums are back in action! ×

Newb here looking for support

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking around NF for a while, reading articles and browsing the threads here and there. I was sort of intimidated by joining NF; I convinced myself that I don't fit in very well on internet forums. Then I sat down and thought about why I was put off by joining and I think it was because I was scared/reluctant to make changes with my lifestyle and I was too comfortable. A little about me: I've always been skinny fat (5'3" and 124 lbs) and lazy. I've worked out on and off in the past but never very seriously because I was not held accountable by anything. I believe the longest duration of time I worked out in the past was like, 2 weeks (pathetic, I know lol). I started working out again a while back: September 9th 2013, and haven't stopped since. I am proud that I have managed to keep working out for so long, but I am finding I'm starting to run out of juice and becoming less and less enthusiastic about working out. This also reflects in my diet, too. My results have plateaued and I haven't seen any sort of progress for a while. Long story short: I'm burning out, and I need help because I don't want to fail again. Hopefully, that's where NF can help me before I give up, because I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.

I have much to re-learn because I fell ploy to mainstream media stuff about fitness. I would do home workout DVDs and see little results even if I worked my ass off during the workout. Strength training looks promising to me, so I want to give the beginner body weight workout a shot. I'm not sure what my fitness goals for strength training would be though because I've never tried it. As for my dietary goals, I want to wean myself off of bread and sugar because I am a huge carb and sweets fiend, and I keep sabotaging myself eating those foods. I also want to begin to make myself more accountable because I am an emotional rationalizer... Big time. x_x;;

Any sort of support or help would be amazing. I don't want to give myself any more excuses, 'cause I'm tired of those too.  :redface:

Welcome! Being part of the Rebellions is great for accountability and motivation. The BBW is great, so much better than doing the same video's over and over.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Thanks for the warm welcome. It means a lot when you're unsure about what you're doing.

I am going to start a battle log like you suggested, Silver. I think just getting into the habit of writing down what I'm doing so I can actually see it will help with my accountability as well; I can't try to persuade myself out of a workout or healthy diet when I'm faced with facts on how I'm actually doing.  :nevreness:

• Like 1