Forums are back in action! ×

Hi, I'm Nic, a new mum of two recently back living the paleo lifestyle (fell off the wagon during pregnancy!)

I started the paleo lifestyle this time last year and it improved my life greatly and now that my baby, currently fast asleep on me, is settled into life, I'm finally going back to being paleo.

I've only got 5lb left to lose before I'm back to pre pregnancy weight, and I'm slowly getting myself back into building muscle strength back up but unfortunately have to take it slowly due to c-section and my baby being only 7 weeks old! But now I have the all clear from the doctor, I'm ready to start my journey again.

I've been currently eating paleo for three weeks and not only do I feel better in general, it seems to be benefitting my baby who is currently bigger than most exclusively breastfed babies and all his gastric problems have cleared up after eliminating grains and dairy from my diet. Seeing how my son is thriving and also benefitting from this way of eating has made it a no brainer for me to keep going.

My aim now is to get my figure (and self confidence) back in time for summer so I not only feel great, but look great too and I'm hoping finding this forum will help!

Welcome, Nic!

Congrats on your healthy baby and quick recovery.  Breastfeeding does wonders for a new mom and baby, so good for you!  Good luck on your goals.  Your self confidence is easily peaked by simply smiling at your beautiful self in the mirror.  :redface-new:

Andrea

Hold on kids.  Mama's got squats to do!

Thanks both! Andrea, I like your suggestion of smiling at yourself in the mirror, I will definitely be trying that. At the moment when I look in the mirror all I see is a mummy tummy and don't even look at anything else. If I focus on the good things hopefully the bad bits won't be as bad!

I'm really glad I found this forum as I will need all the encouragement I can get!

• Like 1