Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings and such...

Hello, Nerd Fitness.

Long time lurker, first time poster. (Well, I read the e-mails...haven't lurked in the forums for any significant period of time.) I like the attitude of NF and I decided this was my year to get serious about several aspects of self-improvement. So here I am!

Overall, I'm in pretty good shape. My doctor never really has anything bad to say when I visit, except for a few times when I was a little on the heavier side. But I'm 5'10 and around 150lbs, so I'm about where I should be in terms of height/weight (as far as the doc is concerned). I've never had much of a problem staying around that weight. But I want to be better. I can do everyday stuff, tote 50lb boxes around, but I want to be able to do more interesting stuff.

My biggest goal in that vein is to become an Assassin. Parkour fascinates me, and I've thought for a long time that it would be so cool if I could do that too. And I just finished reading Divergent and really want to be Dauntless, so there's that. I'm already the ninja of my friend group, and every time I go hiking I get my second wind when we get to the top of the mountain and I can run around the boulders.

Bulleted list of smaller goals:

• Get stronger (gotta be able to pull myself up over walls)
  • Run better (gotta get from wall to wall)
  • Increase agility and flexibility (don't wanna injure something jumping over walls)

I have a small support group IRL, but it's mostly my boyfriend who's been doing his own thing in the afternoons since he's off work before I am. So I thought NF might be able to bolster me on my journey.

Nice to meet y'all. :)

Level 5 Human Assassin

Current Challenge: x

Previous Challenges: 4 3 2 1

"Iron Man's got a suit, and the Hulk's pretty strong. And Thor he's like a god, and me I'm just a guy... Just a regular guy in a not so regular world. What's a man to do when I know I'm just a regular guy in a not so regular world?...They're like 'Yo, ain't you that Hawkguy dude?' And I'm like, Nah, you got me confused."

- from "Hawkguy", Adam WarRock

Thanks!

I'll be heading to the "Help me design a workout" area soon here so that I can get some help putting something together to help me get there. Right now, parkour is the shiny in the sky, but I need some concrete, here-on-earth workouts before I can get up there!

Level 5 Human Assassin

Current Challenge: x

Previous Challenges: 4 3 2 1

"Iron Man's got a suit, and the Hulk's pretty strong. And Thor he's like a god, and me I'm just a guy... Just a regular guy in a not so regular world. What's a man to do when I know I'm just a regular guy in a not so regular world?...They're like 'Yo, ain't you that Hawkguy dude?' And I'm like, Nah, you got me confused."

- from "Hawkguy", Adam WarRock