Forums are back in action! ×

So I went a little crazy...

And I signed up for a bench press competition at my school. It really started when I saw some guy struggling really badly to bench 225 and it made me want to see where my limit was. So I did, and I managed to put up 265 unassisted, which really disappointed me, until my partner reminded me we'd already squatted and done barbell rows that day. 85% of my 5 year old max isn't bad, right?

Plus, when I went to weigh myself to determine my weight class, I noticed I'd lost 10 pounds in the two weeks I've been on my diet! This is all great motivation for me, too, especially because the competition is in 12 days. Anyone have any pointers on how to prepare?

I love this forum! Seeing all the success is so great; it really keeps me honest with myself and reminds me that I can do it too.

• Like 1

Update: I'm the culinary institute of America's newest bench press champion! For the 175-200 weight class at least. I didn't have the highest weight of the meet, but I put up 250 unassisted, and among the six people that originally competed (a couple big guys came later) I pressed the most! I'm feeling really good about it, and hopefully this will keep me motivated to improve through the six week challenge.

• Like 1

Woot!  :D

Gilgamelissa

race: wood elf | class: assassin

str 5 | dex 2 | sta 3 | con 3 | wis 0 | cha 0

"Mood? What has mood to do with it? You fight when the necessity arises — no matter the mood! Mood's a thing for cattle or making love or playing the baliset. It's not for fighting." - Frank Herbert, Dune

logintroductionfirst challenge | second challenge | third challenge (current)