Forums are back in action! ×

Help with x box game suggestions

My 11 year old son newish to xbox 360. He loves the Halo series and Portal. I try to keep the shooting to just aliens and the sexual content to a minimum.

Deal of the day on best buy web site lists 2k essentials which has 3 games

Bio shock

Boarder lands

X com enemy unknown

Any comments? Rated M but I am okay if just violence.

Thoughts appreciated.

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

The Mass Effect series is pretty awesome -- and some great story. It's almost like a "first-person movie". Emphasizes the whole choice--->consequence thing too. There is a potential for romance between the player-character and a couple different peoples in the game, but it's very mild "adult situation" at best -- nothing is actually shown except some mild making out.

Left4Dead and L4D2 are awesome zombie shoot-em-ups. As a bonus: all the violence is against the undead.

If he seems into "platformer" games, check out the Lego series (Lego Star WarsLego Batman, Lego Indiana Jones, etc).

Insert witty & pithy saying here.

The Mass Effect series is pretty awesome -- and some great story. It's almost like a "first-person movie". Emphasizes the whole choice--->consequence thing too. There is a potential for romance between the player-character and a couple different peoples in the game, but it's very mild "adult situation" at best -- nothing is actually shown except some mild making out.

Left4Dead and L4D2 are awesome zombie shoot-em-ups. As a bonus: all the violence is against the undead.

If he seems into "platformer" games, check out the Lego series (Lego Star WarsLego Batman, Lego Indiana Jones, etc).

Thanks for the info

Mass effect sounds like a good one. He has " outgrown" the Lego series. He wants the big boy games?

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Xcom probably isn't a game I would get for an 11 year old based on difficulty alone. It's not an easy game by any measure. I would have found it impossible at that age.

Left for dead is an awesome series and would definitely recommend it. 

Dead Space is a cool series. Quite violent but you said you're alright with that. Alien violence only as well.

Gears of war is another great series. Again the violence factor is very high. No sexual content.

"I like you just the way you are" - Mr. Rogers

In Br0din's name we gain.

There's minecraft on xbox arcade, by 13 year old brother is obsessed with it.

Anything from the final fantasy series is good for on-human violence and low sexual content. The tomb raiders are good puzzle games. I'll look through my lirary of games when I get home and give some more recommendations.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

My #1 Son(6) loves any of the WW2 shooters(Call of Duty, Medal of Honor) I've already got him understanding that the only good Nazi is a dead Nazi!!!

He also played the hell out of Red Dead, Transformers, plus Lego Marvel, Batman, Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean.

Red Dead might be too intense for what you're wanting.

• Like 1

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

My #1 Son(6) loves any of the WW2 shooters(Call of Duty, Medal of Honor) I've already got him understanding that the only good Nazi is a dead Nazi!!!He also played the hell out of Red Dead, Transformers, plus Lego Marvel, Batman, Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean.Red Dead might be too intense for what you're wanting.

I kinda use those to teach a little history too! Have you tried Medal of Honor airborne?

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Xcom probably isn't a game I would get for an 11 year old based on difficulty alone. It's not an easy game by any measure. I would have found it impossible at that age.

No way, I was playing the original Xcom when I was 9 and that was waaaaay harder than the remake. Don't underestimate the young 'uns man, didn't you see Lord of the Flies?

I've got two boys and a girl and all three loved Xcom, it's a fantastic game, and when they first played it they were 8, 10 and 12.