Forums are back in action! ×

Arthritis on the 1st week ???

Hello guys ! So i got myself a gym membership valid for the next 6 months, i was very excited about going back and may have overworked myself. . . i'm 21 years old, barely 5 pounds overweight, i used to workout on a regular basis 3~4 years ago. Doctor said arthritis on both arm joints. . . what did i do wrong ?

here is my program -> 

15 min cardio

3x15 series for 2 muscle groups with no interval and 30s between series ( shoulder/abs , biceps/chest, etc )

15 min cardio

am i using too much weight, wrong form or both ??? 

i'm pretty sure he said arhtritis, but this is brazil, i dont trust it very much, and assuming you're saying arthritis is a long process, its probably tendonitis cus i'm not feeling any pain anymore (happened 3 days ago ? ) and i'm not taking any medicine . . . should i follow any recomendations into my workout this week ?

Except in rare cases, you won't start getting arthritic until you get toward my age. :)

You may have strained a muscle, or it might just be normal soreness. Try some ibuprofen.

You shouldn't have any problems injury-wise, but I can't make any recommendations yet. What, specifically, are your workout goals?

Brazil, huh? I know a girl from Brazil. Her name is Fernanda, do you know her? :) I'm just kidding.

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

perhaps, i know some fernandas ;D

sorry for taking my time to answer, monday is a busy day !

Well i'm working toward lowering my body fat % (mainly) , the soreness is almost fully gone, i didnt touch exercises that would cause any kind of stress on arm joints...

gonna try to work back into those tomorrow...

i had no muscular pain, it was focused on the joint, very painful and stiff at the 1st day, but almost gone now...

My second goal is to go into full bodyweight workout as soon as i drop some pounds and get some extra strenght, get a very mobile body =)

well i dont quite remember since i only did em once and bam. . . and it would be even harder because i'm not used to the names of the exercises in english but everything was 3sets of 15 reps 2 muscle groups at time followed by 30s rest . . . as an example, i would do 15 pushups, 15 squats, rest 30 sec , rinse and repeat weight was just low enough for me to barely finish my 14th~15th rep of each set. . .

I'm trying to eat more protein and less carbs, always liked some fruits anyway so i'm using em to fill small meals and going to the gym into the routine -> 15min cardio -> high rep, low weight, low rest sets -> 15 min cardio ! I don't know if its going to work but its a plan =D

EDIT: dont know how it works in the states or other countries, here in brazil we usually have our routine prepared by some employee of the gym and follow it . . .

EDIT 2 : i must sleep now , i'll be sure to answer tomorrow =)

EDIT 3 : sorry, english is not among my greatest talents