Forums are back in action! ×

Roll for initiative

"I punch the initiative!" ~ Brick

I can't remember how I found this site, only that the knowledge base, and diversity of members, appealed to me.  I already picked up two tips before I registered:  bar placement for the squat and runner's knee rehab. 

I've been weightlifting for years, but without any direction, structure, or proper diet.  I recently tried the Starting Strength program.  It's effective, but heavy squatting three days a week took a toll on my knees (hence the knee rehab).  I'm 42 and heavy lifting three days a week is not for me.

So tonight, I start the Westside Barbell Program for Skinny Dudes.  It allows me a hybrid approach to build strength and size.  It introduces more variety in the exercises which will help my motivation in return.

My current goal is to build size and strength.  I'm 6'1" at 155 lbs.  I dress up as Spiderman for children's charities and I'm way too skinny.  I'm lean with low bodyfat, but it's not enough.  

See for yourself:

10564979216_564f891ec5_z.jpg

I look forward to learning from the members here and being inspired by them.  I'll start up a training log after tonight's workout.

Bill