Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings fellow nerds

I've been reading Nerd Fitness for two years now, and even joined the forum a year ago, and putting off starting my fitness journey wanting things to be right when I did. But alas, things are never quite "right" in life are they, conditions are never perfect. For the past month though, I've been putting some serious thought into getting started, but once again, putting things off until the next week for whatever reason. No reason really.

Two days ago, I decided "Ah to hell with it," and began my journey with the Beginner Body Weight Workout. I did three circuits at a modified level, I have a hip injury that I realized I've been coddling for years and arthritis in my knees and I have terrible upper body strength, but I was quite proud of myself for pushing through and finishing all three. I was sweaty and sore, and am still quite sore, but I loved it. I thought to myself, "I could do this! What was I waiting for?!" And looked forward to the next workout day.

Which happens to be today. I was exhausted, and sore, and grumpy. But I made myself go through the three circuits again, this time a little more modified so I wouldn't hurt myself. (I'm not grumpy anymore, still tired and sore though.) I decided to begin posting on the boards to track my progress, and have some support, and find inspiration and motivation to keep going.

I've come up with a list of some short term goals which I think will be attainable and provide me with motivation as well.

One of my biggest struggles will be eating healthy, which is actually why I kept putting off starting - not so that I could keep eating junk, but I wanted to be able to do everything perfect all at once. There's that word again. I'm not eating great this week, I don't have a lot of money so I'm eating what I can for now without eating junk, but having started working out I realize what my body needs and I'll be able to figure out meals by the weekend.

So this is me. I look forward to interacting with you, and figuring out my class. Something between a Ranger and Druid, maybe a Monk? I haven't decided.

• Like 1

TashiTashi, level 0 Beholder. Warrior at heart, training with the Adventurers
STR 2|DEX 1|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 3

Welcome to the rebellion, TashiTashi!

Trying to do everything perfect at once is a recipe for failure. You inevitable slip up when you try to change too much at once, and then you feel like a failure and you give up. The key is to start slow and keep building your new habits. Over time, you'll be able to add to it or fine tune it.

Good luck with your goals and keep us posted!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.