Forums are back in action! ×

Fat Dutch guy checking in!

Hi all,

I am a history teacher from the Netherlands, who was considered to be an athlete type guy but fell down to a fat, non-excercising, book reading nerd.

Well this nerd isn't taking that crap anymore, so my quest is to become a healthy guy again. First of all, trying to weigh less than 100kg. I am now at 108, so that should be a thing that can be accomplished before 2012 although I am certainly not rushing it.

I became inspired by the Angry Birds Workout on your site. So I am doing that workout now every other day. I also try to be more active in my daily life. Taking the bike to my work instead of the car, walking a few more stairs than I have to, etc.

I am a big NBA fan, and also like to play NBA videogames. I still have the good old Nintendo GameCube and still enjoy playing NBA Live 2006. Dated, but still good! I do not play this game sitting in a chair but I stand up. Moving along the game, reacting to what is happening. Believe me, I can't stand still while playing! I added on more thing to my gameplay. Every time a player makes a foul I have to squat. During 20 minute games there are quite a few fouls made, especially with my agressive type of defense, so I have to squat a lot! Nice small thing, and I hope it will pay off.

I look to build in more incentives in this game, but first let's see how this works out.

Welcome!

I love your creativity! You're sure to see success with such a great attitude and by making all these simple and effective changes.

Everyone here has been really nice and helpful since I joined. I hope you have the same experience! Ask questions, join discussions and keep us all posted on your progress.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Welcome! I'm sure you'll fit right in! Your 2012 goal seems totally attainable - I've found starting doing even a few small things for fitness are like the first pebbles in a landslide - the precursors to something impressive. If you have questions or need support, we're all here.