Forums are back in action! ×

Matilda117's List of Things Needed to Get 'Er Done

aw i just found this! created 08-18-11, updating 05-09-12:

FINANCIAL QUEST

Pay off Target and Gap credit cards: DONE!

Pay down main credit card to $1,000: ooh boy.. still a work in progress

Save $1,500 in case I decide to live in New Zealand for a year: backburner'd

Cancel unnecessary memberships (netflix, hulu+): DONE!

PHYSICAL QUEST

Run an 8 minute mile (speed is not one of my strong points): not so much a goal anymore.. must re-evaluate

Do a pull-up: DONE, but backtracked, and need to work on again

Do 100 consecutive push-ups: not yet... backburner'd for the time-being

Do a wheel pose in yoga: DONE!

Do 250lb deadlift (2x bodyweight): @200 1RM. soon... added 05-09

PERSONAL QUEST

Get Personal Trainer Certification: still need to do. :(

Start process of becoming a Registered Dietician: still need to decide if this is something i want to pursue

Get LASIK eye surgery: nope

Get straight A's in the rest of my grad classes: pretty much, yes. Except for 2 A-'s

Buy real camera, specifically the Canon EOS Rebel T3 Digital: DONE!

need to add things and/or remove things. putting on thinking cap...

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

thanks guys! Tin Man - i'm going for the ACSM. seemed like a respectable certification to get. I've got all of the materials needed to study, but i'm not very good at studying on my own, so it's hard for me to figure out what to study and when. need to come up with some sort of breakdown of info, i think.

tasty - the rebel t3 is awesome. it was recommended by a professional photog friend b/c it is incredibly user-friendly and therefore good for beginners. it's really fun to play with the settings, and super easy to figure out what each one does. i definitely recommend it.

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

mmm.. I may look at ACSM as well. I don't really have the time to study now though, at least it'd be lower on my priority totem pole.

yeah i kind of feel the same way. with work, grad classes, working out, and other stuff, it's hard to get motivation to use any free time to study for something else. but i've been talking about PT certification for like 2 years... i just need to buck up and do it! work hard now, then work hard later, and then party after that! :D

What are you studying? Last I checked, dietician was a full out university degree, at least round these hurr parts.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

What are you studying? Last I checked, dietician was a full out university degree, at least round these hurr parts.

AJ, the dietician degree would be a couple years. that's completely separate from what i'm studying now (master's in management). my BA is in Journalism, so the dietician thing is one that would require lots of pre-reqs and courses and internships, etc.

Ah ok, I thought you were talking about taking a course not unlike PT :)

Masters in management eh? I'm looking into doing an MBA myself... Bsc in Engineering :D

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

tasty - the rebel t3 is awesome. it was recommended by a professional photog friend b/c it is incredibly user-friendly and therefore good for beginners. it's really fun to play with the settings, and super easy to figure out what each one does. i definitely recommend it.

good to know, i'm taking a photography class this upcoming fall semester and wanted to buy the camera before hand to tinker with.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Human Adventurer

My Bucket List/Epic Quest || Tasty's Reckoning: Becoming Bane

| Str: 6 | Dex: 5.75 | Sta: 5 | Con: 5 | Wis: 10 | Cha: 7 |

UPDATE!

FINANCIAL QUEST

Pay off Target and Gap credit cards: DONE!

Pay down main credit card to $1,000: 1 payment away from being completely paid off! 12-03

Save $1,500 in case I decide to live in New Zealand for a year: backburner'd

Cancel unnecessary memberships (netflix, hulu+): DONE!

PHYSICAL QUEST

Run an 8 minute mile (speed is not one of my strong points): DONE! ran a 7:43 a few months ago! 12-03

Do a pull-up: nope 12-03

Do 100 consecutive push-ups: not really a goal anymore 12-03

Do a wheel pose in yoga: DONE!

Do 250lb deadlift (2x bodyweight): @215 1RM as 08-25 - 12-03

PERSONAL QUEST

Get Personal Trainer Certification: still need to do. :(

Start process of becoming a Registered Dietician: still need to decide if this is something i want to pursue

Get LASIK eye surgery: nope

Get straight A's in the rest of my grad classes: DONE! 12-03

Buy real camera, specifically the Canon EOS Rebel T3 Digital: DONE!

so that is where i stand as of right now. need to re-evaluate and update some goals since they're no longer relevant.

• Like 1

Congrats on all that you've accomplished thus far! Keep up the good work!

thank you much!

super, cool, thanks so much! definitely something i still need to work on, so i appreciate it. :)

Hey-o! Any progress on your list this past 7 months??

really glad you posted - i have to admit i forgot about this thread! thanks

Sweet!!! Glad I could remind you of your life's ambitions lol! Looks like you're kicking major booty on some of those things -- way to go! And come back again and update soon. I love seeing people check things off their lists :) It makes it feel achievable for me too!

P.S. I hope your credit card is paid off as of yesterday, because that's just plain awesome.

Name: Tibi Fide -- "Trust in Yourself"

Race: Centaur

Profession: Monk, Level 2

Attributes: Str4 Dex5 Sta1 Con6 Wis5 Cha2"First step - forget fall off of horse. Second step - get back onto horse. Third step - conquer the known universe."-- Dillpedo