Forums are back in action! ×

Finally going to be a knight/warrior/in-shape person...

Hello everyone!

I am very excited to be joining Nerd Fitness; I have never joined anything before! I have said for the past few years that I want to be in better shape and maybe "this year" I will do it. Safe to say I always find school and procrastination are far too easy to use as excuses. However, I am finally feeling much more enthusiastic about achieving goals and believe it really is possible. 

I am a 19 year old sophomore in college and struggling to balance a full schedule of classes (Organic Chemistry is currently kicking my butt), a little bit of work and then anything else I want to do (none of which ever seems to be done). My sister and I have tried a few exercise programs and missions on our own the past year, but with no success. Now we are going to walk to Mordor and back! As soon as my sister mentioned the idea a couple of weeks ago I jumped right on board, and then she started sending me Nerd Fitness articles. As I continue to read articles and research things on my own I have become very excited and prepared to put in the time and effort required to "level up" in my life. 

I also tend to feel more self-conscious because I do Tang Soo Do, a Korean martial art, and this leads everyone to believe I am in super-awesome-kick-your-butt-whenever-I-want shape....and I am not even close. I am tired of feeling like I cannot tell people about it because they will get the wrong impression about me and my fitness level.

Beyond that I know I will feel better overall if I am stronger, drinking water/eating healthier, and getting enough sleep. So overall I'm just looking to improve my fitness with eventual goal of having higher endurance and strength. I want to be like all the amazing characters I have read about and watched since I was little, hence my title  :playful:

I am excited to do the new challenge that is starting and probably in the long-run join the Rangers with my sister  :redface:

Woo for new challenges and making the time to start changing!

~Keldream Nebula

• Like 1

Jedi Quest (Nov 2016): Current Challenge 

~Even the simplest of tasks can help one become a Jedi.

likewise here! welcome from another newbie. joining is fun! Although I never managed to stay on an exercise routine when I was in college, pizza and tv binges with the roomies was just always more appealing.... now, though, I'm really enjoying exercise for the first time in my LIFE and am irritated I didn't start with this "lifestyle change" so much earlier!!!

orgo is the worst, I never had to take it but patted a lot of my friends on the head when they were passed out in the library studying!

likewise here! welcome from another newbie. joining is fun! Although I never managed to stay on an exercise routine when I was in college, pizza and tv binges with the roomies was just always more appealing.... now, though, I'm really enjoying exercise for the first time in my LIFE and am irritated I didn't start with this "lifestyle change" so much earlier!!!

orgo is the worst, I never had to take it but patted a lot of my friends on the head when they were passed out in the library studying!

It is great to hear that you had some of the same experiences! Pizza, late-night snack runs and TV or Board-game nights always seem to win out. 

I am glad you are enjoying exercise--I am also finding it to be something I really enjoy, a fun part of my week completely unrelated to school and scheduled so that I don't have the option of missing a workout. That is the problem I have always had as well: how to keep a routine going. 

Jedi Quest (Nov 2016): Current Challenge 

~Even the simplest of tasks can help one become a Jedi.