Forums are back in action! ×

Hi there!

I just wanted to say hi :) and to present myself.

First of all, let me tell that I love the idea of nerds gathering together in order to get fitter. We, nerds, need to get convinced that to be fit and to be nerd are two complete compatible things. Congratulations to Steve for creating that wonderful idea!

Secondly, let me introduce myself:

I’m Spanish, but I live between Switzerland and Chicago because of my PhD (in HE physics, fyi). I’ve been overweight since I’m like 5yo. I become obese (i.e. BMI > 30) when I moved out from my parents when I was 21 and now I’m trying to be back in shape. It has been several months since I started to change my bad habits and I’ve lost around 15kg, starting at 112kg I’ve dropped to 97kg. I’m currently shotokan karate brown belt and I also started since like summer to lift weights which has allowed me to drop from 33.5%BF to 22.8%BF, that is using the us navy formula to calculate it but I’m planning soon to buy myself a caliper to measure skinfolds. (sorry I use metric system units, I’m from the good old Europe!)

The problem? I’ve been a little bit stuck in my weight since November. I’ve been able to drop 1% of body fat since then, but I don’t think it’s enough considering the effort I’m putting. I tried at the beginning of the year to do a paleo-lowcarb diet (before it was just paleo-primal) and I haven’t drop any weight... I lost 1kg first, then I caught it back, even though I checked that I was in ketosis. Am I already too far of my weight setpoint or what? :(. If I reduce food intake I start suffering hunger and it’s not nice at all..

Well, the thing is that I’ve been looking at the webpage and the people here in the forum, and all of you look nice and encouraging, and I think this is what I actually need :)

Thanks!

Welcome to the rebellion. Sounds like you are on the right track and I am sure you will find the answers you are looking for on the forums.

• Like 1
Deslok

Level 2 Human Adventurer

Stats: STR - 4 DEX - 3 STA - 3 CON - 3 WIS - 3 CHA - 2

Begin Date: 1/6/2014 - Target Date: 1/5/2015

Begin Weight: 302.5 lbs - Current Weight: 288.0 lbs - Target Weight: 200 lbs

Height: 5'8" - Age: 43

Daily Battle Log No longer updated

6  Week Challenges

4th challenge

I Floop the Pig!