Forums are back in action! ×

Can't Decide

Hey folks.

Some background I started powerlifting a year ago but had to stop due to moving away from the gym and working full time, I took up Boxing a few months ago and loved it as fitness and as a fan of the sport. However with a full time College course(Sports and Fitness), A Baby due in March and a Jobs as a bartender in the evenings I find myself with only enough time to box or Lift.

Here's my question what do you believe is better in the long term?

I love the rush I get from heavy lifting and it makes me feel accomplished, I figure it'll help me put on muscle and through that assist me in becoming a personal Trainer.

On the Other hand am a Boxing nut, Although am yet to even have a spar. I love the HIT Training, The circuits and the fact that near the end it's difficult to keep 14oz gloves head height. I also figure it'd keep me in condition to do circuit classes once I get my certificate for the course.

So what would you Nerd Rebels do?

I'm the Guy who lifts stuff.

Bodyfat: 14%   Weight: 74 Kilos

ORM Bench press : 58 Kilos     ORM Deadlift : 115 kilos       ORM Squat : 75 kilos

Why not both? Just alternate. Maybe one week box, the next week powerlift. Unless there's a cost associated with them, in which case do the cheaper one. :P

Point is, if you can commit time to one, I see no reason why you couldn't commit time to both - just not as much time. Unless you just want to get specifically good at one or the other.

Guest Dirty Deads

How much time are we talking? Certainly you could box once or twice a week for 20 minutes and lift 2-3x a week for 30-40. If nothing else, combine the two into one workout, crossfit style. Jump rope+squats, Heavy bag+deadlift, Shadow box+ bench press,

Well my weight lifting could do with alot of improving, My Squat is only 75 kilo's, My Bench 50 kilo and my Deadlift 110 kilo's at a body weight was 75k.

Cost is the problem though, Between college, Work and the Mrs(Women Be expensive when preggy) I can only afford one or the other.

At the moment I'm drifting towards weight lifting as am confident about all areas of my physique save for my upper arms. Thanks for your imput though I may try to do both when things settle a bit

I'm the Guy who lifts stuff.

Bodyfat: 14%   Weight: 74 Kilos

ORM Bench press : 58 Kilos     ORM Deadlift : 115 kilos       ORM Squat : 75 kilos

If money is a worry, could you research workouts for one and do it at home, or somewhere else for free so that you would have to give up on one completely?

Gotta catch them all

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog