Forums are back in action! ×

So, I posted this in the Level 1 Rebels....Not sure if I was supposed to or not?....so....I'm posting it here too! Sorry for making you see it twice. 

Hello everyone! 

A friend brought me here, after I went through a 16 pound weight gain (from I'm not sure what). I am hoping that this venture will help me to change my life and health for the better! I come from a past of negative habits (don't we all?) and thought patterns that resulted in an eating disorder through most of my teens and early 20's.

After having a child, a lot were replaced with healthier options and I want to continue along that path, for me and my daughter. She deserves to see what it is like to have a healthy and loving relationship with your body and what it's like to love and appreciate yourself despite what society tells you. 

Anyways! It's time to get down to business and figure this out once and for all! I am 4'11" and weigh 151 pounds. I mostly eat rice, fresh fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds and fish. I stay away from wheat (gluten) and fatty meats. I rarely eat dairy as it doesn't always agree with me. Currently, I have one sweet day a week and on that day I am allowed to eat...well, sweets!

Main Quest

~To lose 30 pounds. 

While I am a bit hesitant to put a number down to lose, it seems like a good place to start. I am slightly afraid of past negative habits coming back and me doing anything just to drop the number down on the scale. This time around, I want to focus on how my body looks and feels and how my clothes are fitting. 

Activities to get me to my Quest

1.) Eat a healthy breakfast everyday, no skipping! Drink 64 ounces of water and tea a day.

2.) Practice yoga for 45 minutes, four days a week. If I want to do other exercises, I can. I am not going to limit myself with just yoga.

3.) Go to sleep no later than 1am. No more staying up past 3am or so!

Side Quest

~I am going to meditate for 15 minutes a day and focus on me, instead of focusing on everyone else and trying to meet their needs constantly. 

Life Quest

My friend, that brought me here, used this as her life quest and it really is what I would love to have for myself. I want to love my body -now-, in the shape that it is in and I want to love my body later, when it is in the healthier version of me. I want to enjoy myself and accept myself and not have negative self talk or thoughts. I will continue to replace them with uplifting comments and will practice self-love. I no longer want to resent myself because of my body. I no longer want to be miserable, obsessed, or shame-ridden. So, instead of depriving myself, even from healthy foods because of the way I look, I want to take care of myself and my body. Ultimately, I will practice compassion. 

Motivation:

I have Hoshimoto's disease which lead to hypothyroidism. There are lots of health complications associated with that if not treated correctly (such as heart disease, other autoimmune diseases, and high cholesterol). I need to get my weight down so that I don't encounter those problems. I want to live a long and healthy life. 

This was wordier than I had intended, so I hope I didn't bore! Good luck to me! and good luck to you!

• Like 1

Thanks! I'm kinda worried that they aren't "hardcore enough" but...I guess that is all relative. 

I've done "hardcore" challenges before and they never turned out sustainable. It's much better to have modest goals that actually become habits. Then you can build on those habits to go further.

Newenham                              Level 1

STR 2 | STA 1 | CON 1 | DEX 1 | WIS 1 | CHA 2

I've done "hardcore" challenges before and they never turned out sustainable. It's much better to have modest goals that actually become habits. Then you can build on those habits to go further.

That makes a lot of sense and I like that line of thought. Habits are where it's all at anyway! They can make or break a person.