Forums are back in action! ×

Help me Learn to Draw: Now Taking Art Requests

Hey Nerdlings.

I'm currently trying to teach myself to draw with the aim of producing a readable web comic. I love comics and this is a definite "do that which you love," thing. I'd like to think I'm a decent writer but I am abysmal at drawing (having developmental fine motor control problems doesn't help). So I'm slowly teaching myself to draw, starting with human figures as well as find a relatively clean if not super realistic style.

I'm also quite indecisive and cannot decide what to draw so I'm letting the internet decide for me. I'm asking for suggestions of things to draw. Preferably people.

These can be pre existing characters or ideas for them ( "Draw me a ninja Pirate" "Draw my NF persona," etc.)

I'm allowed to say no if I'm not familiar with them or they're just too damn hard but I'll endeavour to post them here and at kingclumsy.tumblr.com. They will (at first) suck lots, but I'll do my best. I've got one request from a rollergirl friend of mine to draw Buffy so far

Get requesting.

Thanks in advance

Level 3 Roller Knight

STR:3 DEX: 1 STA:2 CON:3 WIS:4 CHA: 2

Current Challenge: None

I suggest that you get yourself some anatomy books and work hard on getting proper anatomy and perspective down.  See if you have friends that are willing to pose for you so you can do some quick life drawing sketches (not necessarily nude or anything, just getting the idea of drawing what you see.)

Then use those skills to draw the T-800 riding a unicorn.  Over a rainbow.

Butts.

While pointing to the camera and saying "Come with me if you want to lift!"

While an intergalactical walrus prepares to face off against him in mortal combat...

((OT: If you want to learn how to draw, I suggest checking out Sycra's youtube videos. He have some very nice ones explaining a range of basics for artists of all skill levels.))

Race: Reindeer   l   Lvl: Adventurer

I will travel across the land, searching far and wide~