Forums are back in action! ×

How nerdy are we talking here?

In fairness I'm not the greatest nerd, I only know how to play one video game (but its Skyrim so does that count for anything?) Big Simpsons nerd though, so there's that...

Regardless, 31 years old, former high school wrestler, spent most of my life skateboarding with countless injuries and several surgeries to show for it.

Stand 5'7" tall, currently weigh in at 177 (down from 192 before switching to paleo about two months ago).

Current regimine includes: Running 3-4x per week, usually total of about 12-16 miles weekly but planning for a fall half-marathon so that number will be going up soon

On second round of Delta Fit Speed Shred (I know at home videos are never the best but managed to put on muscle size first time through without diet changes and this time seeing weight loss speed up with actually following a clean diet)

Goals: Gaining strength and to a lesser extent having the body to show for it. Additionally completing the half marathon in ok time and eventually going for a full.

Nearest gym is over 30 miles away so I tend to do everything at home, current set up includes TRX, dumbbells from 5-50 pounds, treadmill, bike, plus its an old house so lots of stairs...

I think I want to start SL5x5 so I am looking into options for clearing out a chunk of garage space for a squat rack and picking up olympic weights from someone on craigslist.

I have lurked this site for about two weeks since I heard Steve on the Art of Manliness Podcast and just finally got up the nerve to post so I'm glad I found a good community to learn. Since I feel like I need to up my nerdiness I'm gonna go re-read the hobbit now...

• Like 2

Depends on what "nerdy" means to you. Some of us are nerds who read books, some who read comics. Some are nerds who play video games, some who play card games. Being a nerd is kind of about obsessing over something. So for me, that's literature (and sometimes video games).

Also, no need to be ashamed about video series. I love P90X and Insanity. Of course, if that's all we did for years on end, we'd probably miss out on some other cool stuff and we'd miss out on training certain movements and muscles, but I think they're a good base.

Also, big AoM fan, here. I found them seperately a couple years ago, but I love seeing them work together every once in a while now. The Internet is a cool place.

“The world is indeed full of peril and in it there are many dark places.

But still there is much that is fair. And though in all lands, love is now

mingled with grief, it still grows, perhaps, the greater.â€

--J.R.R. Tolkien, "Return of the King"

"Are the gods not just?"

"Oh no, child. What would become of us if they were?"

--C.S. Lewis, "Till We Have Faces"

Welcome. I love Christopher Moore, Lamb is my favorite.

Deslok

Level 2 Human Adventurer

Stats: STR - 4 DEX - 3 STA - 3 CON - 3 WIS - 3 CHA - 2

Begin Date: 1/6/2014 - Target Date: 1/5/2015

Begin Weight: 302.5 lbs - Current Weight: 288.0 lbs - Target Weight: 200 lbs

Height: 5'8" - Age: 43

Daily Battle Log No longer updated

6  Week Challenges

4th challenge

I Floop the Pig!

I'm a whiskey nerd.  Hell, I hold whiskey tastings.  I'm also a Doctor Who nerd.  There is no central nerdity, our one common denominator is that we want to become better versions of ourselves and believe in a helpful, friendly and fun community of like minded people.

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

Well in that case: I get a major nerd boner for

Christopher Moore books

Phish

Skyrim

And a shit ton more than I care to list

I found AoM through Birchbox. Good discovery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nerdy enough for most people!

Turkbroda

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.â€-Frank Herbert, Dune

Well maybe but I've never seen Star Wars so...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welllll you *ought to* eventually watch Star Wars, but only because it's awesome. :) (Just don't get your hopes up too much, it wasn't exactly the golden age of film.) But I wouldn't say not having seen it would disqualify you.

“The world is indeed full of peril and in it there are many dark places.

But still there is much that is fair. And though in all lands, love is now

mingled with grief, it still grows, perhaps, the greater.â€

--J.R.R. Tolkien, "Return of the King"

"Are the gods not just?"

"Oh no, child. What would become of us if they were?"

--C.S. Lewis, "Till We Have Faces"