Forums are back in action! ×

Lurker looking forward to meeting and helping rebels!

I honestly don't know why I haven't posted here sooner, but I'm ready to get out there and meet other rebels and help people!

I can't recall how I found Nerd Fitness originally, but thankful that I did back in July 2013. At that time, I weighed in over 330lbs and was completely miserable. Having overcome drug addictions about two years prior, I knew that I had to be ready for another huge internal battle... and Nerd Fitness helped.

I started out by following a keto diet and slowly eliminating sugar... and I was surprised by how much by body went through sugar withdrawals. After a few weeks, the Paleo diet began to make more sense and started following that a bit more, but not in a "primal" sense. Exercise wise, I started out by trying to run... which was disastrous. So, I bought a bike and began biking in the mornings which became something I truly enjoyed doing. While biking one day, I noticed that there was a park that had little exercise stations for pullups, incline pushups, etc... which really got me into more body weight exercises. I learned a few more tricks from the Rebellion Guide which helped me even more. 

Soon, I craved more. I really enjoyed pushing myself to carry more weight, to go a bit further... but the trainers at my local gym (Anytime Fitness) didn't appeal to me as they seemed to focus strictly on weight lifting. Eventually, I was introduced to cross fit style training and have honestly never looked back.

While I'm still a work in progress and trying to overcome some issues (I really hate jump roping, but I'm getting better!), I'm eager to get out and meet other rebels. I want to help people become their best version of themselves!

So... thank you to Steve and the Nerd Fitness team for everything you do!

-- AJ

post-19314-0-95712600-1393446469_thumb.j

post-19314-0-05025400-1393446471_thumb.j

post-19314-0-24941100-1393446472_thumb.j

• Like 1

Welcome to the rebellion. Great story, it looks like you really turned things around. Looking at your photos its like you lost the weight and at the same time got 10 years younger.

Deslok

Level 2 Human Adventurer

Stats: STR - 4 DEX - 3 STA - 3 CON - 3 WIS - 3 CHA - 2

Begin Date: 1/6/2014 - Target Date: 1/5/2015

Begin Weight: 302.5 lbs - Current Weight: 288.0 lbs - Target Weight: 200 lbs

Height: 5'8" - Age: 43

Daily Battle Log No longer updated

6  Week Challenges

4th challenge

I Floop the Pig!