Forums are back in action! ×

Crush the puny scout :P - Pushup PVP - starts 03 March '14

Well we Rangers are versatile and quick to recover, another 20 decline this evening so I'm now sitting on 120 points.

@barefootdawsy I'm glad I capped this at 150, seems I've found a kindred spirit, certainly from a competitive point of view! With the work you're putting in it might even be time to consider graduating to the role of junior Ranger...!

I reckon we might have to have a time capped pushup AMRAP at the end of this challenge for further glory...but let's not get ahead of ourselves...

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

20 decline pushups this morning, my 150 points for the week doneski!

4 days rest you say? In that case let's have a martini and watch the show, carry on weaklings! :P

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Can't let Endor drink martinis all by himself...20 more declines for me = 150+. I'm done for the week :)

Extra olives in mine please @Endor!

2nd place is respectable, shaken or stirred?!

P.S. I think I have found a suitable forfeit for the last placed in this PVP....

fairy_scout_t_shirt-r809fbfbfa1744a28a22

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Everybody be sprinting about with their points! 2x25 (regular) for me today, making up for none yesterday.

A drink does sound good though.

*wanders off looking for the rum*

Just a guy on a journey - Battle Log

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done - Bruce Lee

Be honest with yourself and ethically pursue your happiness - Laz

Endor asked me to pop into this challenge. I will be honest I don't see myself getting the numbers you all have. I have only recently been able to do full push ups, so I won't be part of the official challenge, I will put in my efforts anyway. This newbie ranger ain't scared of being laughed at. 

Oh and real men drink Mead. Martinis are for penguins, and rum is for parrot lovers. :P

• Like 2

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Ok today I did 2x4 full pushups, 2×8 kneeling, 60 wall push ups.

Now I am aware that I could give my kneeling pushups the full point. But I won't. I want to see how well I go with the points as set out. Besides my main reason for joining in is to improve my full pushups in form and numbers.

So my totals are:

Full push ups 8pts

Kneeling pushups 8pts

Wall pushups 15pts

So my total for today is 31pts.

Woden uses ravens for messages, I use a Samsung S4.

• Like 2

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

I have been pointed to this pvp by lycan thom... and I love seeing guild leader kick some ranger butt. .. would it be ok for me to Compete with the noob ranger thom? He's got much strength. .. from his hammer, but this could be something I could use for inspiration!

Otherwise, I'll just watch. . Warrior vs scout vs ranger!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

2x25 regular yesterday + 25 regular today, 75 points. I believe that makes my weekly total 150!!

And I love my parrot ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Just a guy on a journey - Battle Log

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done - Bruce Lee

Be honest with yourself and ethically pursue your happiness - Laz

I have been pointed to this pvp by lycan thom... and I love seeing guild leader kick some ranger butt. .. would it be ok for me to Compete with the noob ranger thom? He's got much strength. .. from his hammer, but this could be something I could use for inspiration!

Welcome to the arena, Lady!

Just completed 30 declines...my first as a Monk. So now I guess it's Warrior vs Ranger vs Scout vs Monk!

We need to get some Assassins and Druids in on the action!

• Like 2

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Great to see you LWR. And you are a great scout, only an injured one.

• Like 1

Ok today I did 2x4 full pushups, 2×8 kneeling, 60 wall push ups.

Now I am aware that I could give my kneeling pushups the full point. But I won't. I want to see how well I go with the points as set out. Besides my main reason for joining in is to improve my full pushups in form and numbers.

So my totals are:

Full push ups 8pts

Kneeling pushups 8pts

Wall pushups 15pts

So my total for today is 31pts.

Awesome, great to see you here Thom, at least I've got some proper Ranger competition now! :) 31 points already, you only need to do that 5 days from 7 and you've got your points ;)

Another puny Scout to crush!

Mr-Burns-Saying-Excellent.gif

You are most welcome to join us :)

2x25 regular yesterday + 25 regular today, 75 points. I believe that makes my weekly total 150!!

And I love my parrot ;)

I thought it was all over for Choro, but you pulled it out the bag the last 2 days. Took your eye off the ball for a while there, too busy teaching your parrot to count pushups out?! :lol: 

Welcome to the arena, Lady!

Just completed 30 declines...my first as a Monk. So now I guess it's Warrior vs Ranger vs Scout vs Monk!

We need to get some Assassins and Druids in on the action!

Oh god don't get Yuen involved, he casually mentioned 70 pushups as part of a workout with other stuff last week, I'm starting to get a bit awestruck!

i am not much of a scout...nor do I have much in the way to offer for push ups...but, I will do my best...since I cannot run, walk or bike!

Beans, beans, the musical fruit

The more you eat, the more you toot

The more you toot, the better you feel

So we have beans at every meal!

The same actually applies to pushups so do more and feel better :D

The big question of course is where the original puny scout is hiding? @Blaidd must have given up already.....prepare yourself for humiliating defeat :P

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Here is a question. ..I am barely able to do knee pushups. .. and I will have to split up the wall or counter pushups because of foot injuries.

Do I count the three knee pushups as 1 pts, and the wall push ups as. 5 points?

Adventurer by choice

Firstly don't aggravate your injury! Only do what you can, we won't hold you accountable (although I may publicly ridicule you for being a puny scout!! :tongue: ) Edit: You're an Adventurer, we like adventurers, they're on their way to being rangers so there will be no ridiculing ;)

I think in your circumstances, given you're injured,a point for either knees or wall/counter is reasonable, provided you do as many knees as you can first ;)

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Firstly don't aggravate your injury! Only do what you can, we won't hold you accountable (although I may publicly ridicule you for being a puny scout!! :tongue: ) Edit: You're an Adventurer, we like adventurers, they're on their way to being rangers so there will be no ridiculing ;)

I think in your circumstances, given you're injured,a point for either knees or wall/counter is reasonable, provided you do as many knees as you can first ;)

Just to be clear...I"m on my way to being a SCOUT...not a ranger!LOL.  

At least, that's what I think now....;-)

Though, I think I had ranger/scout on my sig line at one point!  ;-)

And, thank you.  I assume that the knee pushups will increase...but I take this challenge!

And, if I can, I will do 300 wall push ups to bring the strength up to aide the knee push ups...I don't want this TOO easy...(but then again, WildRoss just refused to bring in the mini trampoline I wanted...explaining that he was not going to be responsible for me jumping up and down on a broken bone while he's gone, just because I tend to push too hard!)

REQUIRED: 150 wall/counter pushups minimum.  starting with 3 knee push ups per day.

Thanks for letting me join up!

@Lycan Thom - this one's for YOU!!!!

• Like 1

Adventurer by choice

Slow day on the push up front for me. As this is my Hammer Workout day. 

4 Full Pushups - 4pts

24 Wall Pushups - 6pts

So that is 10 points to add to yesterdays 31pts. Giving me 41points for the week. 

C'mon tough Lady, you can keep up with me. 

@Endor, maybe having an extra Ranger turn up scared the Scouts off?

Mind you with LWR around maybe they decided that they couldn't keep up with her. That woman is as tough as nails. 

Ok, first day:

I cannot bring myself to do wall push ups when I can do counter push ups...or counter push downs....

earth downs on my knees - 3(almost 4) - 3 points

counter pushups - 45 = 45 pts

Total today - 48 points.

So, Lycan - I know you are not taking the lower points....so, I'm doing counter push ups so that I don't wipe you away with my wall push ups! ;-)

If I have to, I'll only take .75 for the counter push ups...if I'm better than I expect...I'll drop it to .5 and get 300 counter pushups.

;-)

• Like 2

Adventurer by choice

Awesome work LWR. In one day you caught up with me. Way to go!

As for your points, see how you go. I don't want you to injure yourself further. At this rate you will get your 150 points in 3 workouts.

• Like 1