Forums are back in action! ×

The past week has been spent discovering and inhaling the content here! I'm amazed at how much is here - it's allowed me to analyze my 2ND real attempt at getting healthy. (And revel in the great nerdiness!)

About me: I'm 24, living on a boat in Alaska, have 2 dogs that motivate me to be active, and I'm amping up for another go at changing my life. Now, I've always been overweight - I honestly do not remember a time when I was in a normal/healthy zone. My biggest was right after high school at a women's size 20. When I was twenty I started going to the gym everyday, eating slightly better, and ended up whittling down to a size 11 jean (weighed 180lbs at my lightest). I'm now 20lbs under my highest weight.

Basic points/goals/wishes:

I miss running, and it not hurting.

I am tired at having pitifully weak upper body strength.

I want to hike the Pacific Crest Trail.

I want to Master the crow position in yoga

And be the best damn Paladin possible!

I've made a lot of changes in the past few years, but I still have a lot to learn. Diet is hard for me. I've started moving towards healthier foods, if I can't read it I won't eat it, but portions is the tricky part. Even at my heaviest I would barely eat 800 calories in a day for weeks on end (not that it was nutritious food any way), then OVER do it at parties or out with friends.

I've successfully cut out 98% of sugars/junk food in my diet - aside from wine, but what the last time I ate a pop tart was my LAST. I wanted to vomit and was sick for the rest of the day!

I'm so looking forward to tracking progress here!

I'll be seeing you lovelies around soon :)

• Like 2

Welcome Kaile.ann sounds like you are definitely motivated to make changes and you have some great goals. I look forward to following your progress. Oh and living on a boat must be cool.

Deslok

Level 2 Human Adventurer

Stats: STR - 4 DEX - 3 STA - 3 CON - 3 WIS - 3 CHA - 2

Begin Date: 1/6/2014 - Target Date: 1/5/2015

Begin Weight: 302.5 lbs - Current Weight: 288.0 lbs - Target Weight: 200 lbs

Height: 5'8" - Age: 43

Daily Battle Log No longer updated

6  Week Challenges

4th challenge

I Floop the Pig!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Deslok - living on a boat is freaking awesome! (At least I think so) the lack of space pushes me to do more outdoor exercises (hiking, dog walks etc) but as for strength training I have to go to the gym and brave the weight room - something I'm still working on.

Raev - Quite right! Bow ties and fezzes honey!