Forums are back in action! ×

Hey everyone! I'm new around here.  I'm here because I'm tired of being tired all the time and I want to feel better, and looking better wouldn't hurt either.  I've always been a bit overweight, but back in 2009 I was in a pretty serious car accident, ended up depressed and in a wheelchair for over a year, with another year for recovery and learning how to walk again.  Sadly, in that time I gained a bunch more weight.  I got to about 340 lbs. I started walking everywhere (despite the pain) when I moved to San Francisco and was able to lose some of that extra weight, but I'm still not satisfied, and I know I have to start working harder to get the same results.  I'm down to about 270 now, and I feel like I am ready to make some changes to lose even more.  I'm also a junk food addict, and really lazy in the kitchen so I'm trying to kick that nasty habit first and foremost.

My current goals are to gradually get into paleo, and start adding a regular weight training work out to my week in addition to my long walks (so far I'm at 6 miles, I want to hit 10 miles before summer). 

• Like 2

Welcome Brodybot, sounds like you are moving in the right direction. Changes to your diet is a great place to really get some results.

• Like 1
Deslok

Level 2 Human Adventurer

Stats: STR - 4 DEX - 3 STA - 3 CON - 3 WIS - 3 CHA - 2

Begin Date: 1/6/2014 - Target Date: 1/5/2015

Begin Weight: 302.5 lbs - Current Weight: 288.0 lbs - Target Weight: 200 lbs

Height: 5'8" - Age: 43

Daily Battle Log No longer updated

6  Week Challenges

4th challenge

I Floop the Pig!

Six miles? Nice! I hear San Fran's got some awesome weather...you get to walk outside, yes?

“If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.†Nikola Tesla

Currently reading (and ENJOYING IMMENSELY!): Biocentrism by Robert Lanza

Unbodied | Druid

Six miles? Nice! I hear San Fran's got some awesome weather...you get to walk outside, yes?

Thanks!  San Fran is so lovely. I miss getting to walk around there.  Sadly I had to move back to Sacramento for the time being, much less lovely x.x,  but still fun.  There's a few river walks around which I've been taking advantage of and bringing my camera. Hoping to see river otters sometime when the weather heats up a little. :D

Oooh, river walks :-) Sounds beautiful. What a joy to have a gorgeous, interesting place to exercise! Would love to see some pics...hopefully the little otters will come out to play soon...

“If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.†Nikola Tesla

Currently reading (and ENJOYING IMMENSELY!): Biocentrism by Robert Lanza

Unbodied | Druid

Hey! Good to hear you're doing so well and on the road to recovery. I understand where you're coming from... I wasn't incapacitated for as long as you were but I know what it's like (there's a link in my sig if you're interested).

Give me a shout if you want to chat/ bitch/ moan/ brag/ shoot the shit. I'm good with ALL THAT ;)

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously