Forums are back in action! ×

Doctor Razor here to join the ranks

Greetings to everyone.  I'm excited to join such a vibrant community of colleagues dedicating themselves to finding ways to better themselves and their health.

Quick intro: I would fall into the gangly nerd category, though, pushing 41 with a penchant for video games and pizza, I've acquired a nice spare tire to go with my skinny arms and dainty wrists.  I have never been particularly athletic, but during my late twenties, in the throes of a three year love affair with Tae Kwon Do, I did get into pretty good shape.  I'd like to get back there again.  In fact, I'd like to accomplish more than that.  I'd like to become the super hero I always dreamed I would be.

I have two kids under the age of two that require a fair amount of my "spare" time.  Unfortunately I seem to have an all-or-nothing approach to working out and to my diet.  If I can't go big, I seem to not go at all, so I've had a lot of false starts that come from trying to do too much at once.  From what I've read on this website, I realize I've been going about things the wrong way, refusing to give small changes the time they need to produce bigger results.

So I'm excited to move forward, to try something different, and to stop being a lone wolf when it comes to motivating myself.  I appreciate your support in advance.

• Like 1

Haha! You're not the only one mate, I can't do half measures either. It's all or nothin' with me too (which is why it was Nothing for a long time).

Thankfully, when I'm "in" I'm really "in", and have been for 2 years now. Can't imagine living my life any other way now. :D

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Hi Doctor Razor! I'm new here, too. My "high point" was Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and I definitely have that spare tire now... Let's get back to (and beyond!) peak shape!

• Like 1

"The woods are the only place I can see a clear path."

Pathfinder, Nord (Adventurer)

Measurements: 163 lbs (N 13.625, C 39, W 37.5, H 40, RB 12.75, LB 12.75, RT 20.5, LT 21, RC 13.5, LC 13.25)

BMR: 1562.5 Kcal

Challenge Level/Stats: Level 0 (STR-0) (DEX-0) (STA-0) (CON-0) (WIS-0) (CHA-0)

Rebel Levels: Level 3 (EQ 1)

Academy Levels: Adventurer/Level 1 (Nutrition - 1) (Caffeine - 1) (Sugar - 1)

Challenges: #1

Greetings Doc and welcome to the rebellion. I had the hardest time seeing that small results added up to big ones and gave up over and over. Now being over 40 and following the advise here I have really started to see results. I look forward to reading about your progress.

• Like 1
Deslok

Level 2 Human Adventurer

Stats: STR - 4 DEX - 3 STA - 3 CON - 3 WIS - 3 CHA - 2

Begin Date: 1/6/2014 - Target Date: 1/5/2015

Begin Weight: 302.5 lbs - Current Weight: 288.0 lbs - Target Weight: 200 lbs

Height: 5'8" - Age: 43

Daily Battle Log No longer updated

6  Week Challenges

4th challenge

I Floop the Pig!