Forums are back in action! ×

Heeey, I'm Kathryn, I'm 22, from the UK (from Wales but at uni in Liverpool to be specific). I suck at intros so I'll get right into it!
I've always been pretty teeny tiny, 5'4", and I've never really gone over the 7st mark (that'd be 98lbs) and I'd accepted years ago that it's just the way I was built and I'd never get any bigger no matter what I ate, as I never calorie counted I just ate whatever I wanted when I wanted and never really exercised aside from the odd PE lesson in school or an odd brisk walk up until last summer when I bought a Davina workout DVD (shame on me) and spent time doing her "bootcamp" and going on power walks, using light weights, eating "healthy" and generally following the advice that all women are told when they want to get in shape! Until I came across NF on stumbleupon and found out I'd been doing everything wrong, cardio was a no-go as a main exercise if I wanted to put weight on properly and I needed to eat way WAY more if I wanted to get in better shape. I gave everything a break once I got back to uni in September and I didn't notice anything was wrong until Christmas when my boyfriend pointed out I'd gotten a lot thinner and was looking pretty unhealthy. Turns out I'm not a stress-eater and my assignments were really taking it out of me and when I weighed myself and realised I was only 6st 4oz (88lbs) I knew I had to do something so since then I've been on 2500-3000 calories a day (I won't lie, it's really hard and I do skip especially when I'm having a rough day), have been focusing on bodyweight exercises (sparingly) and I've gotten up to around 92lbs so far. I'm starting using a weight now, I posted in the forum last night about getting a kettlebell and the advice was great so I'm starting with a 9kg (despite the boyf insisting I should've gotten a 3kg, the more he says it the more I'm determined to go heavier quicker!)
So yes, that's my fitness life story so far! I suppose my goals are to be strong and healthy, get amazing flexibility, but sorta get some curves on me too. My weight goal is in the 120-130 range right now but that could all change depending on what my body looks like as I go on, will possibly and probably be heavier than that.
If anyone has any questions or advice regarding what I'm doing so far and ways to make it better with either exercise or nutrition I'd be very grateful and happy to chat :D

• Like 2

LEVEL 2 NYMPH (DRUID)

STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

1st challenge | current challenge

"You can never be overdressed or overeducated"

GOAL WEIGHT: 120lbs | currently: 95lbs

10%
10%

Way to go girl! Don't listen to your bf, in fact hit him over the head with your 9kg kettlebell! 3kgs... Pah!

Strong, healthy women are where it's at. :D

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Welcome!

Jump on in with any conversation.  We are here to help!

Thank you :)

Way to go girl! Don't listen to your bf, in fact hit him over the head with your 9kg kettlebell! 3kgs... Pah!

Strong, healthy women are where it's at. :D

Hahah my thoughts exactly! I think he's feeding into the 'heavy weights making you too bulky' myth! Can't blame him as until I read all this I had no idea it wouldn't make me too muscly but I'll show him :D

LEVEL 2 NYMPH (DRUID)

10%
10%

Haha! Atta girl!

I used to be a size 18 now I'm a size 12 (and edging towards a 10, woot!) and I LOVE lifting. In fact I'm about to buy my very own Olympic bar and my father-in-law is going to build me a squat rack. Woot woot!

I know it's different for you as you're looking to add weight not lose it, but the end result is the same - looking awesome! :D

Just make sure you feed your body enough to keep building the muscle it needs, and remember that you need to give it recovery time too. You'll be great!

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Haha! Atta girl!

I used to be a size 18 now I'm a size 12 (and edging towards a 10, woot!) and I LOVE lifting. In fact I'm about to buy my very own Olympic bar and my father-in-law is going to build me a squat rack. Woot woot!

I know it's different for you as you're looking to add weight not lose it, but the end result is the same - looking awesome! :D

Just make sure you feed your body enough to keep building the muscle it needs, and remember that you need to give it recovery time too. You'll be great!

Well done! It sounds like you're doing amazing :) Putting on weight is so hard but I'll get there, eating all the time is definitely something I'm not used to. NF wasn't lying when it said my life would revolve around food!

Lifting Heavy Works! good to see more brits on the boards (even though i'm mostly here for the lolsies) 

Heh I wasn't sure I'd encounter many Brits here at all

LEVEL 2 NYMPH (DRUID)

10%
10%

i've been on since june 2011 and i've seen a fair few brits come and go (me too, i'm no where near as active as i used to be, that may change soon, i've got some awesome lined up)
http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/5475-ok-you-brits-make-yourselves-known/
i think a fair few have gone inactive but it's hard to keep track nowadays (it used to show location underneath profile pic when u posted)

Thank you :)

Hahah my thoughts exactly! I think he's feeding into the 'heavy weights making you too bulky' myth! Can't blame him as until I read all this I had no idea it wouldn't make me too muscly but I'll show him :D

It's really hard for a girl to get to much muscles. Just tell him he will like the result. My girlfriend trains 6 times a week and I love how she is looking. Only bad thing, she can do more push ups than me :>