Forums are back in action! ×

Addison's bragging rights :D

Hello Nerds :D

My name is Addison and this is my little part of the Woot room.

I rarely have anything to brag about due to my low self esteem and paralizing perfectionism but I decided to give it a shot because i am feeling really good and accomplished today :)

I had a perfect Paleo day yesterday. my willpower withstood surrounding me bad food and drink choices (including my gf ordering take away last night) and today I plan to do the same. i know that one day of clean eating is not much but it is a step towards the person I want to be and I will take as big or as little victory as I can.

• Like 2

Worgen Adventurer STR - 4  DEX - 1 STA - 1 CON - 3 WIS - 4 CHA - 5

“Roland could not understand why anyone would want cocaine or any other illegal drug, for that matter, in a world where such a powerful one as sugar was so plentiful and cheap.†—  Stephen King, The Drawing of the Three

Thanks for your support guys, :) I really appreciate it. i had a second great paleo day. today is gonna tell me if I can go 3 in a row :D Woot lol

“Roland could not understand why anyone would want cocaine or any other illegal drug, for that matter, in a world where such a powerful one as sugar was so plentiful and cheap.†—  Stephen King, The Drawing of the Three

When you first start, it's kind of easy, then when you hit the hard part that most people go through, you have to remember what you're going through it for. Also, you're already there, so you may as well keep pushing instead of stepping back and trying again later.

That said... awesome to hear, there's nothing more freeing than the feeling that you're no longer a slave to food. So rock on! :peaceful:

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Woohoo! I know eating right is hard when the people around you are eating junk. Best of luck to ya!

Gilgamelissa

race: wood elf | class: assassin

str 5 | dex 2 | sta 3 | con 3 | wis 0 | cha 0

"Mood? What has mood to do with it? You fight when the necessity arises — no matter the mood! Mood's a thing for cattle or making love or playing the baliset. It's not for fighting." - Frank Herbert, Dune

logintroductionfirst challenge | second challenge | third challenge (current)

4 out of 6 last days were what I like to call ''perfect paleo''  :D. its not actually 100% paleo it's what I consider my level of paleo commitment - no gluten, limited diary and only water/coffee for hydration. also allowed rarely some rice,and a tortilla (for those amazing trips to Bar Burrito which is an english equivalent of Chipotle.) I want to stck to this meal plan not as a diat but as a lifestyle. so expecting to stop eatng all the things i love - forever- is just stupid and never going to work. but a small amount of freedom with 90% of all my meals being paleo is pretty good in my opinion. after all its better to have even 50% of something than 100% of nothing right?

Well said.

I'm a bit like that too. My diet is paleo-ish. I eat dairy, coz I love it, the occasional portion of brown rice, and I don't exclude lentils or pulses.

I'm good with that, it works for me. And if the Paleo Police want to come knocking on my door, well bring it on! ;)

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

4 out of 6 last days were what I like to call ''perfect paleo''  :D. its not actually 100% paleo it's what I consider my level of paleo commitment - no gluten, limited diary and only water/coffee for hydration. also allowed rarely some rice,and a tortilla (for those amazing trips to Bar Burrito which is an english equivalent of Chipotle.) I want to stck to this meal plan not as a diat but as a lifestyle. so expecting to stop eatng all the things i love - forever- is just stupid and never going to work. but a small amount of freedom with 90% of all my meals being paleo is pretty good in my opinion. after all its better to have even 50% of something than 100% of nothing right?

I can vouch for this methodology, I eat maybe 80% paleo with splurges of 90, or even 100%. I still feel a lot better than I did before hand, and now I know the foods that if I eat em, I'll pay for it and which ones are just fine... and can make choices accordingly.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Hello Nerds :D

My name is Addison and this is my little part of the Woot room.

I rarely have anything to brag about due to my low self esteem and paralizing perfectionism but I decided to give it a shot because i am feeling really good and accomplished today :)

I had a perfect Paleo day yesterday. my willpower withstood surrounding me bad food and drink choices (including my gf ordering take away last night) and today I plan to do the same. i know that one day of clean eating is not much but it is a step towards the person I want to be and I will take as big or as little victory as I can.

Awesome!  This is a big accomplishment!  Conquering myself when it comes to food is the hardest part of my fitness journey.  Build on it :-)

"Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog, all of the time."  When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment and replied "The one I feed the most."

Driftwood's Battle Log

First Challenge:  24 Feb - 6 April 2014

Second Challenge (Monks) :  14 April - 25 May 2014