Forums are back in action! ×

Something is better than nothing

Decided to start taking my diet and fitness seriously.  I'm normally a guy that wants to learn everything about something before I start, get every detail down and planned out, which usually leads to me doing absolutely nothing.

But I've come to realize something is better than nothing.  Started a paleo inspired diet(I will still eat brown rice, and I gotta have pizza sometime right?) and started doing the basic body weight workout as I hate gyms and lifting weights.

I had a buddy link me to this site awhile ago and I tried some stuff but failed, but I was watching the Tedx speech and the saying "Tomorrow never comes, eventually never happens." really hit me and got me to start up again.

I have two personal trainers in my family and they always try and give me too much advice, overwhelm me with stuff and I finally told them my new motto when they judge what I'm doing.  Something is better than nothing.  Sure my diet isn't 100% Paleo, but its better than Taco Bell and pizza all the time.  I only work out every other day, but its better than never working out.

• Like 3

Absolutely!!  We believe in small, sustainable changes here.  Do better today than yesterday.  It doesn't have to be perfect to improve your health and fitness. 

Let us know how we can support you!!

• Like 1

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Thanks.  Right now its just easing my way into not dying with each workout lol.  I've been sedentary for so long.  My biggest problem will be dealing with soreness so I've been paying extra attention to my warm up and cool down.  I might have to invest in a hot tub lol.  But luckily for right now my neighbor has one.

By the way, I'm just going to put this out there since my earlier post sort of implied that one should strive to eat a paleo diet - I don't think this is the case at all. We have lots of members who swear by paleo and have done well with it, but it's hardly the be all and end all of healthy eating. I hope your family isn't giving you the impression that you need to go paleo - you don't. You need a healthy diet to be healthy, but that can be achieved in a variety of ways.

(I hope I'm not coming across as talking to you as if you know nothing, that's not my intent at all. Just saying' that there's life beyond paleo.)

Race: Ferret | Class: Assassin | Level: 4 | STR: 6  DEX: 3  STA: 1  CON: 5  WIS: 7  CHA: 3

Battle Log | Challenges: 1, 2, 3

This is pretty much what I'm doing now!

Sure my diet kinda still sucks, and I only gym for half an hour.  But I'm in the gym 6/7 days, and my diet doesn't include take out (exxcept for tandoori grill, yum!) just far too much diet soda and chocolate.

I figure I'll work on that in a few weeks after going to the gym every day is natural...if that ever happens!

Crazyjerseygirl, Level 1 Beast Adventurer
STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 1