Forums are back in action! ×

Wow. I can't believe I've finally joined the site.

Greetings, mortals. I'm the MerryWanderer, so I guess you can call me Merry or MW. I'm 27 years old, and currently clocking in at about 240 lbs. And you know what? It's time to change that.

I've struggled with my weight since puberty. What bums me out is I was a skinny and active kid--I had no athletic ability, but I was always running around outside and riding my bike. Along the way, school became more of a priority, and I've been fighting my body every since. I'm officially 1000% done with it. 

I have type 2 diabetes, and I'm 5'3, so I'm about 100 lbs heavier than is healthy for me. Plus, my self esteem has been in the toilet for the past 12 years. I'm quickly approaching 30 (gods help me) and I refuse to see another birthday at this weight. 

Today, I signed up at a 9 Rounds fitness center. They run a circuit workout, based in boxing and kickboxing methods. I got my own pair of boxing gloves! I've always loved martial arts, and kickboxing, so I think it will be a good fit for me. My goal is to get down to around a size 8 (which would be about 130-140 lbs for me). I want to be able to comfortably start cycling again, and maybe even take up running. 

After reading articles on this site for ages, I decided to finally join up. So hello to all my comrades in the rebellion. Pleased to be counted among you.---MW

• Like 2

Hey! Welcome :D

Way to go on the gym sign up, I'm sure you'll see the pounds start dropping off in no time at all. I'd love to try boxing or kickboxing, something I intend to do in 2013. Keep us updated on how you get on. See you around :D

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Wow. I can't believe I've finally joined the site.

Greetings, mortals. I'm the MerryWanderer, so I guess you can call me Merry or MW. I'm 27 years old, and currently clocking in at about 240 lbs. And you know what? It's time to change that.

I've struggled with my weight since puberty. What bums me out is I was a skinny and active kid--I had no athletic ability, but I was always running around outside and riding my bike. Along the way, school became more of a priority, and I've been fighting my body every since. I'm officially 1000% done with it. 

I have type 2 diabetes, and I'm 5'3, so I'm about 100 lbs heavier than is healthy for me. Plus, my self esteem has been in the toilet for the past 12 years. I'm quickly approaching 30 (gods help me) and I refuse to see another birthday at this weight. 

Today, I signed up at a 9 Rounds fitness center. They run a circuit workout, based in boxing and kickboxing methods. I got my own pair of boxing gloves! I've always loved martial arts, and kickboxing, so I think it will be a good fit for me. My goal is to get down to around a size 8 (which would be about 130-140 lbs for me). I want to be able to comfortably start cycling again, and maybe even take up running. 

After reading articles on this site for ages, I decided to finally join up. So hello to all my comrades in the rebellion. Pleased to be counted among you.---MW

Hiii!

You are going to do great, I know it!

We are very much in the same boat, save me being a little bit taller.  And if I can figure this out, you can figure this out...and visa versa...so we have to do it!

Crazyjerseygirl, Level 1 Beast Adventurer
STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 1

How are things going so far? Still feeling pumped?

Things are going well so far. I've started using My Fitness Pal to log my food and exercise, and that's really motivating. Actually seeing the numbers of calories I'm consuming and being able to limit based on what I have left is helping a lot. I never realized before how many calories I was consuming, even though I didn't eat that much. 

I'm loving going to the fitness center. Owning my own pair of boxing gloves is strangely encouraging. I'm going to start weighing myself once a week starting Monday, so we'll see how it goes.

• Like 2