Forums are back in action! ×

Back on the weightlifting path after two years!

Just a small woot, but today marks my second week of gym sessions after a two year hiatus (lack of funds!)- last summer I lost over 3 stone without a gym membership and as a result, lost as much muscle as I did fat. I looked exactly the same at 14 stone as I did at 17.5, I just took up less space!

It feels great to be back doing what I love, and of course adding 30KG to my deadlift in the space of a week feels glorious, gotta love beginner gains/muscle memory.

Cheers to everyone on here for keeping me motivated with your success stories, your all awesome lads and lasses,

Matt

• Like 1

Level 1 Human Warrior

(STR) - 3

(DEX) - 1

(STA) - 0

(CON) - 2

(WIS) - 2

(CHA) - 2

Kudos for getting back in the saddle after such a long hiatus!

Gilgamelissa

race: wood elf | class: assassin

str 5 | dex 2 | sta 3 | con 3 | wis 0 | cha 0

"Mood? What has mood to do with it? You fight when the necessity arises — no matter the mood! Mood's a thing for cattle or making love or playing the baliset. It's not for fighting." - Frank Herbert, Dune

logintroductionfirst challenge | second challenge | third challenge (current)

That's not a small Woot! my friend, that is the Start of Awesome! Way to go

You done "before" pics to help keep you motivated yet? You know us, we'll want to see the proof when you're 16 stone of Solid Muscle!

Ps. Weights in stones? Fellow Brit?

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Thanks for the kind words!

And yeah, absolutely, I have a good few before pics, from both weightloss and gym, they'll probably be worth uploading in 6 months or so (with any luck).

And yeah, it's good to see another Brit on here! We seem few and far between. Stratford upon Avon based, yourself?

Level 1 Human Warrior

(STR) - 3

(DEX) - 1

(STA) - 0

(CON) - 2

(WIS) - 2

(CHA) - 2

Opposite end of the country, Fort William, Scotland. West coast... ie the best bit ;)

There's a thread for us Brits in The Pub, think it's called "Come on you Brits, make yourselves known". Lots of us in there :D

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously