Forums are back in action! ×

Horse Riding Hooligan Here!

Hey guys!  Super hype to finally have made an account (been a sketchy lurker for a while).  I joined so I could have a cool group of people to run ideas by and talk about different methods.

The TL;DR version of my fitness:

-fat kid in middle school

-athlete in HS

-gained 20 pounds freshman year of college

-dropped it all that summer by slashing carbs

-currently a varsity collegiate athlete (last semester!)

-trying to establish a fitness plan for life

I just started lifting with this plan about two and a half weeks ago.  I like it; the schedule is manageable with my current crew team stuff, and I can feel things getting stronger.  I went from barely being able to bench the bar 8 reps in a row to 10 reps solid this week.  I'm also running casually right now, building up for a half marathon in September, for which I'll be using a Runkeeper plan.

For fun, I ride horses really fucking far.  I did a 75 mile ride two summers ago, and I'd like to do my first 1 day 100 this year.  My horse is a tiny ball of rocket fuel and bad attitude, and I love the shit out of her.  We wear pink and share gingersnaps (not quite on my diet, but every now and then, whatevs).

I made a big list of goals, but the top three are to strength train, run lots for my half (and eventual full) marathon, and get my eating in order.  I've been a little shaky with it lately, and now that I'm lifting I'm confused about managing my caloric/protein/macro/carbs/bunch of shit I don't understand stuff.  Hopefully I can use these forums to straighten that out.

Super excited to be here!

• Like 2

Ha! Awesome! Love love love!

This is the place all right, you'll get everything you're looking for and make loads of friends too. Hope to see ya around the boards.

Ps. If you turn out to be a guy with the name ThePinkPony and you're comment "we wear pink and share ginger snaps" I will die laughing. I will love you, but I'll still die! ;)

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Haha! :D :D :D

Kudos on the long distance riding, I have a friend who used to do that and that shit's no picnic. Where abouts are you? I mean you're obviously in the States but which part?

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Another Jersey-ite! Ahhhh..... Now all the swearing makes sense. ;) ;) ;) I'm in Scotland. Miles from anywhere! Got to drive for an hour and a half just to go watch a movie.

Woah, late to the party.  Sorry about that.  Amandolin, I've got an Arabian.  She was made for this sport, but I've seen a ton of others do it, too. QH, Friesan, mustang, Percheron/Morgan, PMU draft crosses, Fjord ponies, anything.  If the pony had her way, she'd eat all damn day, but she can be pretty athletic when she gets some motivation. 

Hi!

I rode horses twice. Once both me and the saddle fell off (I think someone at camp didn't secure it right), and the other time I jumped off when it decided it wanted to go fast. I still like them, as long as I'm not on them. I'm scared enough of heights that I get jittery sitting in the saddle to begin with.

Your original post made me realize I probably should've made a TL;DR version if the wall of text that is my introduction. Maybe I still will. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Level 10 Vegetarian Vampire Warrior

STR: 16 DEX: 7 STA: 6 WIS: 46 CON: 27 CHA: 17

Intro | Challenge: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9