Forums are back in action! ×

I'm officially a blue belt (6th kyu)!!

Been practicing since last May and went for my first grading in February.  Passed and got my belt and certificate today!

It might seem like a small accomplishment (it's the first belt if you start as an adult - the dojo I'm with skips 13-7 kyu if you start later in life), but I've never really been a sporty person so the fact that I've done this is really awesome for me.

Now to decide... hakama or no hakama?

• Like 1

6th kyu in Aikido

I write stuff in my spare time

I love Star Trek

Nice! Congratulations!

Gilgamelissa

race: wood elf | class: assassin

str 5 | dex 2 | sta 3 | con 3 | wis 0 | cha 0

"Mood? What has mood to do with it? You fight when the necessity arises — no matter the mood! Mood's a thing for cattle or making love or playing the baliset. It's not for fighting." - Frank Herbert, Dune

logintroductionfirst challenge | second challenge | third challenge (current)

Right on, aikido's cool. Coloured belts (aside from black and white) aren't the norm, though, are they? 

Some dojos use colored belts to distinguish ranks, others don't.  It makes it easier to distinguish between ranks with the colors.  The adults classes at my dojo only have blue, brown and black, but the kids have the yellow, orange, red and green belts as well.

6th kyu in Aikido

I write stuff in my spare time

I love Star Trek