Forums are back in action! ×

Getting a technical evaluation

Depends what you want. 

I first met my coach for form checks and basic coaching. Cost me 40 bucks for the session and he gave me a program that would work on my weakenesses. 

Most CF boxes also have one one personal training that can go over form. Going rate 30-40 bucks. 

Also see if you have any black iron gyms around you with old school coaches. They are usually cheaper for form stuff on the power lifts.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

I don't need programming so much as help tweaking form. I feel like I have some fatal flaws in my squats really limiting me and I know what they are but what I'm doing isn't working to fix them.

I actually am now lifting at the closest thing to a black iron gym in the area. But the manager is younger and while he is good... He isn't what I need. He keeps pushing me to change programs. It's like he doesn't understand the bigger picture.. He does not have the technical ability to really trouble to shoot mobility/stability issues. I am having hip issues affecting squats and dance stuff (posture and angle issues ) so I'd like to work with someone to work in those things with the idea is not busy a squat issue... Its affecting more than that- if that makes sense

I've put on some decent size on the bulk but I feel like I really truly haven't gotten stronger and that's really irking me- and I think it has more to do with the technical stuff than my actual strength.

Ah yeah, a physio might be better or see if there is a decent Functional Movement coach in your area (it's a thing). 

Given your dance background and general hip mobility someone in the sports medicine realm might be better than a lifting coach. 

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Hmmm I was trying to figure a way to see someone sports related- but I wasn't sure if I could get in under medical insurance- I know my physical therapy is- and I know my chiro/ART work is.

Good ideas guys. I appreciate it- guess just trying to sift through the internet jungle with the right terminology to really isolate and maximize money/time spent is a thing.  I think I'm just really frustrated which is making me more short sighted too. Grumble grumble.  

I'm going to see if I can go work with one of my trainers at my old gym- at least for now- he was big on functional movement I know- but I never worked directly with him- just as co-workers.  I just know I need something that I"m right now- apparently not capable of doing for myself- (read- WILDLY ANNOYING)