Forums are back in action! ×

Another step closer to chin-up, woot!

After working at it for two years (and resetting a couple times due to aggravating an old shoulder injury), a couple of weeks ago I finally progressed off the assisted pullup machine and onto pullup/chinup negatives. That's a woot in itself but not as much of one as I managed just now.

I installed a lever-pullup bar in the spare room doorway, and I've been doing a couple of negatives every time I've gone past it for the last two weeks. Earlier this week I finally managed to do 5x half pullups (from elbows at ~90 degrees, a fact of which I am proud) but today I finally managed to knock out two chin-ups from 3/4 of the way down (elbows at ~135) !!!

I'm so freaking proud of myself!

I've now made it my mission to combine my negatives with just hauling from a dead hang to see if I can get up from the bottom. It can't be long now at this rate! Tough Mudder walls: I've got my eye on you!

:)

• Like 2
Cyberdildonics || Half-Orc || Level 3 Ranger

STR 5.5 || DEX 3.5 || STA 7 || CON 7 || WIS 8.5 || CHA 6

"Train like your stronger, fitter evil-twin is plotting to kill you."

Woot woot woot!!!! :D

That's awesome! Pull-ups are my mortal enemy. I hate them with a passion, coz I suck pure donkey ass at them. Way to go on the progression, hope you'll update us when you finally kick ass with the dead hangs ;)

And when you do, do one for me too..

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously