Forums are back in action! ×

Hey Gang.

28 years old, 5'2-ish" lady pushing 180 (!) lbs.

I used to be at a satisfactory, albeit very jiggly, weight after struggling with it all through middle and high schools. About three years ago, I started eating like a 6'3" 220 lb. man after a 6'3" 220 lb. man came into my life. This would be okay if I were digging ditches or moving pianos in the early 1900s, but I sit at a desk all day and then go home to sit at a desk all day, so naturally my weight climbed. Have you ever squeezed a gummy bear's head and feet down between your index and thumb fingers? That's what I see when I look in the mirror and it's really bothering me.

I have tried, like, every calorie-counting, fitness-tracking, get-your-shit-together tool available on the Internet without a lot of success. I heard about this place a couple years ago when I was trying the primal diet, but passed then. Came back for a more serious review, and have been digging around on the main website and lurking here for a week or so. I am actually pretty excited to dive in now. The challenges look fun and seem like a much more engaging method of incorporating healthy habits into my life.

Still trying to hammer out my goals and steps, but I will have all of it figured out by the time the next challenge starts.

Looking forward to handling our shit together, everyone.

P.S. I completed that race/class questionnaire (which is totally awesome and fun, btw. Shout out to whoever took the time to make that) and I am apparently a.. gargoyle.  Sad.

• Like 2

Level 1 fuckin' Gargoyle...

STR - 1; DEX - 0; STA - 0; CON - 3; WIS - 2; CHA - 4

Challenge: #1

Now's the perfect time to be joining to have a bit of time to figure out what you want to do for a challenge before the next one starts :)

Best of luck with your fitness goals!

• Like 1

"None of us can choose to be perfect, but all of us can choose to be better." - Lou Schuler, New Rules of Lifting for Women

Gargoyles are cool! They are the sentinels of old buildings, they are rock hard and last for centuries. Besides, no one said you had to be an ugly ol' thing. That's what the Rebellion is for! Shedding your old form and building yourself a shiny new one! Or rock hard, depends on your preferences I guess. 

Anyway enough of my ramblings, Go kick some ass!

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

You answered your own question. Stop doing this:

People here can help :)

Should I smother him in his sleep?  Or perhaps he can meet with an unfortunate accident while taking the garbage down the back stairs...

Kidding.  This is totally my fault even though I want to blame him.

There is no question on what I need to do.  It's the execution that always trips me up, so I want to make sure I have a solid plan.

• Like 1

Should I smother him in his sleep?  Or perhaps he can meet with an unfortunate accident while taking the garbage down the back stairs...

Kidding.  This is totally my fault even though I want to blame him.

There is no question on what I need to do.  It's the execution that always trips me up, so I want to make sure I have a solid plan.

Wait! I didn't mean the part about the man coming into your life! There, now legally I can't be held as an accessory. :D

I do intermittent fasting. I like it; lots easier than counting calories.

• Like 1

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

Gargoyles are cool! They are the sentinels of old buildings, they are rock hard and last for centuries. Besides, no one said you had to be an ugly ol' thing. That's what the Rebellion is for! Shedding your old form and building yourself a shiny new one! Or rock hard, depends on your preferences I guess. 

Anyway enough of my ramblings, Go kick some ass!

Thanks for making Gargoyles sound cool.  I ain't really sad about it.. mostly amused :)

• Like 1

Wait! I didn't mean the part about the man coming into your life! There, now legally I can't be held as an accessory. :D

I do intermittent fasting. I like it; lots easier than counting calories.

I loathe counting calories. Like, I just want to stop eating entirely whenever I do it. It's my nutrition rage quit. "FUCK IT. I just won't eat anything then!"

I briefly looked into IF, mostly because I noticed I had more energy on those rare days that I was working so hard I forgot to eat. It seems nice and straightforward. I realize everyone is different, but what types of things do you eat and what is your typical feeding schedule?

Haha! Nah, I say "FUCK IT, I'm eating everything!"

When I'm at work, I eat well. There's nothing to eat except what I bring (well, donuts in the lounge sometimes, but I rarely get over there) and I pack the night before so that's paleo/primal.

At home... Not so much :-/

I do longish fasts: from lunch one day to dinner the next day twice a week. Thinking about trying it three days a week, I dunno.

One good thing about it is my stomach feels like it's shrinking, so I don't pig out when I do eat.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

I do longish fasts: from lunch one day to dinner the next day twice a week. Thinking about trying it three days a week, I dunno.

One good thing about it is my stomach feels like it's shrinking, so I don't pig out when I do eat.

That's a pretty impressive stretch. You must stay busy during that time, or you have a healthy relationship with food  :rapture:

• Like 1

That's a pretty impressive stretch. You must stay busy during that time, or you have a healthy relationship with food  :rapture:

A little of both :)

and I drink a lot of water.

The hardest part is the start of the fast, from after lunch to bedtime. The next day I wake up not hungry and I'm at work, away from food.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker