Forums are back in action! ×

Losing my voice

For as long as I can remember my voice has been really bad in the colder months. Some people have suggested it was allergies but really I have no idea what it is. No remedies work at all. Honey/lemon tea doesn't work. Throat lozenges don't work. Nothing.

EXCEPT: Usually in the mornings I have no voice whatsoever...even yelling at the top of my lungs is BARELY a whisper...and the only thing that even remotely helps is if I eat breakfast. Just eating or just drinking something doesn't work it has to be both. Does anyone on the forums have any idea why this might be the case? Any help at all would be awesome! Thank you in advance

-Dark

"I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was. I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest. "- Muhammad Ali

Thank you both for your replies. If it was a humidity issue I would think there would be other indications. But that's been suggested before.

As far as seeing a doctor...I saw an ear nose and throat doctor once and after a $245 bill he said he didn't know what it could be.

"I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was. I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest. "- Muhammad Ali

Thank you both for your replies. If it was a humidity issue I would think there would be other indications. But that's been suggested before.

As far as seeing a doctor...I saw an ear nose and throat doctor once and after a $245 bill he said he didn't know what it could be.

I'd go with humidity too... grab a cheap humidifier, I got mine for 18 bucks or so and try it out for a couple days, see what happens.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I can't so much confirm or deny the humidity thing, but I do know that I came down with the nastiest case of 'flu I've ever had in November of last year.  Ever since that cleared up, I've constantly been losing my voice, right now I'm just getting my voice back again. 

Since december last year I've only had my full vocal range for about a week at a time.  Pretty positive that is a case of dry/stale air and residual bacteria from the throat infection I had, and I never have extra symptoms.  Not even a sore throat, it's just gone one day when I wake up.

Stay hydrated, grab a humidifier, check with a medical professional if it doesn't clear up.  Also throw open all your windows when you can every now and then and make sure your place is fully aired out.  Stale air is not good for you.  Captain Obvious is needed elsewhere, I must go!

“Freedom is what we do with what is done to us.†~ Jean-Paul Sartre

Back on form next challenge