Forums are back in action! ×

Innane Vibram comments

Since strapping on my vibrams and venturing out in the world, I've received a lot of comments about them. I've noticed a persistence of weird, and at times, quite silly comments. Have you experienced this, and if so, what is your favorite comment?

Mine? "I can see your toes", as said by someone in flip flops.

"Are those comfortable? My friend wears those running."

Frankly it depends where I am. In the suburbs where I live, I get dirty looks. In boston, where I work, nobody cares. At the gym, most people are curious, they like the idea but are afraid of the nonconformity that comes along with it.

Mine stink right now, any ideas on how to clean them?

In boston, where I work, nobody cares.

A lot of us tromp about in the city with them, now. They must be becoming common place. Especially with the abundance of x-fit gyms and barefoot running really taking off.

I know when I first my pair three or so years ago, my office mates thought they were weird. General, run of the mill stuff.

"Woah, are those shoes?"

"What the heck are you wearing on your feet?"

"Those are weird."

I actually stopped wearing them to the office cause I was self conscious about them (I'm already pretty weird without them. Now two of my co-workers have a pair and wear them daily. So much for weird.

I wear my KSO's all the time, as does one of my good friends. I always get the typical "those look cool, are they comfortable" line. He, however, had a 40 something year old lady come up to him and tell him they were stupid looking and shouldn't wear things like that in public and that he was embarrassing himself.

Allons-y!

DWH

If you can't fix it with squats or fish oil you're probably going to die.

blog || twitter

The first time I wore my KSOs to work, I got a mix of laughter, interested comments, and one coworker who couldn't believe I'd wear something like that to the office. (Interesting to hear, coming from the guy who wears flip flops almost 365 days/year). However, since then, a few of my coworkers finally decided to try them out for themselves, and each one of them have fallen in love with theirs, and have repeatedly thanked me for introducing them to the shoes.

As for keeping the stink out, I've found the occasional blast of some Febreze Sport (not sure if that's the official name) works wonders. I even use that stuff on my hockey gear after a game, and it does an amazing job. My shoes and gear don't smell like new, but they definitely won't curl your nosehairs either.

Surprisingly, I haven't gotten much in the way of comments. Just, "I like your shoes." I've said that I think they are hideous (because they are-actual VFFs are a little more aesthetically pleasing) but I don't care...they are awesome. I wish I could wear them to work. Too dressy here.

Thanks to all those who have been wearing them so by the time I got mine the inane comments became nil.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!