Forums are back in action! ×

Seven Monthes Progress

I started walking, eating better and doing body weight work last August. Pretty exciting to hit a half year of consistently working out at the gym. That is the longest since 1980. Pretty good feeling to stay with it that long. Looking back at my goals list for April 2014, I have not hit most of those but I'm fine with that. After six monthes of 515 am workouts 3 days a week I'm happy to be making the journey. I know I'll make my goals if I stay with it.

ALSO, six monthes and 28 days since i've had any nicotine!

The bad - I'm going to have to back off for the next couple of weeks. Biggest issue is tendonitis in both elbows. Shoulders have some soreness as do my knees. Good excuse to concentrate on diet!

• Like 1

Way to go!! 

Gilgamelissa

race: wood elf | class: assassin

str 5 | dex 2 | sta 3 | con 3 | wis 0 | cha 0

"Mood? What has mood to do with it? You fight when the necessity arises — no matter the mood! Mood's a thing for cattle or making love or playing the baliset. It's not for fighting." - Frank Herbert, Dune

logintroductionfirst challenge | second challenge | third challenge (current)

Well done! After this long, you know you've got this in the bag. This is no flash in the pan, you've made the change for good. *highfive*

Just think where you'll be in another 6 months... :o

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I haven't been here very much. 11 month update. Knees are swollen and hurt on most days - diagnosed with arthritis since my last post. Still looking for the right combination of anti-inflammatory and physical therapy. I haven't done leg presses or squats with serious weight in months. Still nicotine free!! Nearly 3 months late, but I was able to accomplish my April 1 goal of kiteboarding lessons the last weekend in June. Never would have happened without quitting smoking, getting in shape and some other leveling up that needed to happen. New priority is to drop the 15 or so pounds of excess body fat. Supposedly every pound I loose will reduce the impact on my knees by 5 to 6 pounds. I had to buy new shirts a size larger - chins RULE!