Forums are back in action! ×

Quarter in review - success!

Thought I'd post a few woots of my own.

I started out on January 1 of this year at 202.5 pounds. My goals included losing weight and just feeling better about myself. For the first month or so I just watched what I ate, for the most part passing up grains and sugar. Then I moved into some light cardio and, eventually, I found Nerd Fitness and started the BBWW program. I now alternate BBWW and C25K days throughout the week. I've moved from barely making it up out of the basement after my first workout to full pushups and Bulgarian split squats.

So far I've lost 27.5 pounds. Making it past 25 pounds lost is a big deal to me because I have lost 25 pounds several times but always have gotten stuck or given up there. I'm determined to keep going along this path this time though. Here are a few pictures. It was hard to find any photos of me because I avoided the camera as much as possible. I'm kind of shocked when I look at the difference in my midsection and face. I've dropped sizes from a 16W (which is pretty much an 18) to a baggy size 14. I bought new clothes to wear to this conference a few weeks ago and the pants are already a bit big. Also, I have a waist. This is very exciting!

Clockwise starting at the left: June 2013, December 2013, early March 2014, and again in early March 2014.

And, from yesterday.

I'm still going mostly no grains/sugar but Sunday is my treat day and I have something from two out of three of the following categories: dessert, alcohol, bread/grain products. This week I am traveling for work and I knew that the conference breakfast would be nothing but pastries and juice so instead of having that, I brought my own supplies with me.

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP