Forums are back in action! ×

Hi, 

My name is Jay. I've been browsing around a lot of articles on NerdFitness and stumbled upon the forum.  Being a geek, it was only natural for me to like the themes.  I'm working on a super hero physique, but I'm not quite there yet.  Currently I'm 5'10" and 235lbs.  I'm told I have really broad shoulders, so I guess I might be a mesomorph?  Anyway, my goal weight is to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 180 lbs.  

My exercise of choice is martial arts. For me, it is a lot more fun than running or lifting weights.  I'm definitely a Monk, but I'd like to work on multi-classing with Ranger.  I actually dropped 40 lbs. just from eating right and consistently going to my martial arts classes to 195, but I had to put my account on hold to save up for a wedding and then later learned I was being laid off from my job, which limited my motivation to work out and be healthy.  I'm back now, and I've been going consistently for the past three months.  Diet hasn't been spectacular, but I'm getting that down too.  

On a non-fitness note. I like comic books, video games, movies, and TV shows.  My favorite comic book character is Gambit, but I don't really like how he's being written in All-New X-Factor.  He seems less Cajun-like.  My favorite video game is probably Breath of Fire III.  My favorite movie of all time is Kiss Kiss Bang Bang with Robert Downey Jr. and Val Kilmer.  My favorite TV show right now would probably be Game of Thrones or Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

Anyways, that's me. Hope to get to know all of you and help each other learn and grow. 

• Like 2

Battle Log |Current Challenge: Better Late Than Never| Previous Challenges: 1 | 

instagram: @gambitbjj | Winner of the Harry Potter PVP Challenge: House Ravenclaw

Welcome!!  You're going to fit in just great around here with that list.  Although I haven't played Breath of Fire yet - I will have to check that out.

The new challenge starts next Monday - checkout the Level 1 guild and once you've gotten oriented .... obviously the Monks would love to have you.

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Welcome on board. And kudos on the weight loss so far. That's pretty impressive stuff right there. Love the enthusiasm btw, hope you enjoy the challenge.

See you around :)

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Welcome to the party.  You're right about the size I was at my largest, though I'm a little thinner in build by nature.  I think 180 is a great goal, good luck with it.  Also, which martial art?  I recently got into Krav Maga and have been really enjoying it.

Level 2 Rebel
STR: 5    DEX: 1    STA: 7    CON: 6    WIS: 4    CHA: 4

"The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward."

Latest Challenge

Challenge 1