Forums are back in action! ×

What made you smile today?

This video requires a bit of a setup as it's related to ASMR. ASMR stands for Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response, it's basically what makes your head tingle when someone plays with your hair, or whispers in your ear... stuff like that.

That said... put on your head phones, jump to 23:55 and enjoy… hardest I've laughed in a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GQifdowRu8

Damn, that ASMR stuff really creeps me out. I never know whether I'm supposed to be horny or tired, or both, or just in an eternal state of cringe. No offence to anyone here who may enjoy it, I'm sure you have your reasons, I just don't, it's like nails down a chalkboard to me.

I started work 2 days ago, and I've come to the conclusion that a- I should check whether we do in fact get free tea or coffee, nobody's called me out on making myself one every now and again but I haven't checked; and b- I should google what a "skinny" drink is, a guy ordered a skinny latte today and there was nobody else around so I just made a latte and hoped for the best, probably not the best decision but I didn't want to ask the customer.

Note: I googled it before submitting the post, skinny means with skimmed milk, I am both glad and concerned that I made his with skimmed milk, only because I make all lattes with skimmed, and save the semi-skimmed for cappuccinos to get that foamy texture.

Follow me on snapchat or instagram @ catintherack

Squat: 115kg

Bench: 77.5kg

Deadlift: 130kg

Total: 322.5kg

Weight: 68kg

Damn, that ASMR stuff really creeps me out. I never know whether I'm supposed to be horny or tired, or both, or just in an eternal state of cringe. No offence to anyone here who may enjoy it, I'm sure you have your reasons, I just don't, it's like nails down a chalkboard to me.

LOL... it turns me on and relaxes me, so when I'm getting a haircut by a guy, I could almost go gay...

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I had an "Awwww" moment today.

My boyfriend's 6 year old daughter cried when I left because "I didn't Leanne (me) for long enough!"

I feel a bit mean smiling about making a little girl cry, lol!

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I had an "Awwww" moment today.

My boyfriend's 6 year old daughter cried when I left because "I didn't Leanne (me) for long enough!"

I feel a bit mean smiling about making a little girl cry, lol!

You're evil... pure evil...

Though I did smile at that... :-)

What made you smile today?...

GUZZI POSTING!

You got some brown stuff on your nose there... :-)

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My oldest girl has been hiding the damage to her violin for weeks now, with three of the pegs completely loose (and one of them cracked, apparently.)  Two were tied together with elastic bands.  Even though she's been practicing, she's been avoiding the tricky strings, and I guess just praying I don't find out? I guess? I don't know.  She burst into tears as soon as I noticed.  After some words about reporting damage and not making things worse, I told her I would talk to the violin shop about repairs, and we'd discuss how she would help pay for it.

... but then I turned to YouTube, found a great video, realized that the pegs can (and are apparently designed to) be just forced back into place (yay friction fit!) and I came down the stairs, playing her violin on four functioning (and tuned!) strings once more.  She pretty much tackled me with a hug and said I was amazing, and could we please not tell mom...

It was kinda funny. :)

• Like 1

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

I got "stranded" at the gym today until over an hour after I finished my workout (ie my lift home was asleep at home), which I actually didn't mind, of all the places to get stranded that's probably where I'd choose. Anyway, i was on the rowing machine towards the end and a little bored, so I started singing along to the music playing in my headphones. Someone started using the machine next to me and asked "Why are you doing that?" in a judgemental tone, I felt like 'because I'm bored' wasn't a very good answer, so I decided to bullshit through and said "oh it's an advanced training technique, singing whilst exercising reduces the amount of oxygen you're able to inhale so that your heart has to adapt to pump blood more efficiently, it's mostly used by high intensity athletes like sprinters and boxers to improve recovery ability". She seemed to buy it, I continued on singing, it made me feel weirdly happy and I don't know why.

• Like 4

It sounds like they're filming a frickin' Saw movie in my new gym, made me laugh because I didn't even hear it until I looked over the footage.

https://instagram.com/p/4JERCbuUch/

Either that or somebody saw the Smith machine and had the same reaction as me

Oh and I found out what this was. There's an advert that features mostly screaming which is what the noise was, the advert just wasn't on any of the screens, it plays every 30 minutes I think. So... neat.

This guy finally got his chance in the major leagues... I've been watching him off and on for the past few years, being able to pitch with both hands is amazing to me.

• Like 1

My first challenge

I got "stranded" at the gym today until over an hour after I finished my workout (ie my lift home was asleep at home), which I actually didn't mind, of all the places to get stranded that's probably where I'd choose. Anyway, i was on the rowing machine towards the end and a little bored, so I started singing along to the music playing in my headphones. Someone started using the machine next to me and asked "Why are you doing that?" in a judgemental tone, I felt like 'because I'm bored' wasn't a very good answer, so I decided to bullshit through and said "oh it's an advanced training technique, singing whilst exercising reduces the amount of oxygen you're able to inhale so that your heart has to adapt to pump blood more efficiently, it's mostly used by high intensity athletes like sprinters and boxers to improve recovery ability". She seemed to buy it, I continued on singing, it made me feel weirdly happy and I don't know why.

And this year's Academy Award for best spontaneous defense goes to Cat In The Rack!

post-31666-0-81683400-1435643540_thumb.j

• Like 4

Every year at this time my husband takes my daughter camping for a couple of days. It's my busy time at work so it's good timing plus I get a bit of my much-coveted alone time at home. But I always miss them after a couple of days. Today I'm smiling because they'll be back home tonight.

• Like 2

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

My little niece, she is 5 years old. I took her to the store to buy some new clothes. And a girl was staring at me. And she just walked up that girl and she said:

" Stop staring at my uncle. He is too hot for you. He is mine. Go away." 

Then she came back and hugged me. And we high fived lol. AND she got a darth vader t-shirt. :D 

• Like 5

Recovering from an epic clash with gravity, which I lost.

Nobody gets out of life, alive || Senpai noticed me! || Company of unemployed superheroes

Trying to get back on the forums and back in exercising in life any help motivation is welcome