Forums are back in action! ×

What made you smile today?

1 minute ago, Steaky said:

Springwatch on BBC 2 has been showing puffins on the Farn islands in Northumberland, they're awesome! 

Aww ^_^ I'll see if I can catch a few clips tomorrow!

Level 9 Pixie

I may not be the strongest, the fastest, or the bravest. But I'll be damned if I'm not trying my hardest.
17 STR ¦ 17 STA ¦ 13 CON ¦ 17 WIS ¦ 13 CHA ¦ 12 DEX

Latest Challenge! , Battle Log! , CHARACTERYAY

In that vein, thinking up what my Walkout Music would be.

(Also, my wife's band of Patchworker Housewives would be the 'Snippy Bitches', and my daughters have already decided their band will be the 'Rowdy Pandas'.)

• Like 1

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

On 6/14/2016 at 8:07 AM, RandMart said:

I'm always thinking up names for my band

If i HAD a band

Everyone should be able to give names for both potential bands and the bar they want to own.

Band: The Tank Treads

Bar: The Depot.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I can't believe Amy Winehouse only had one hit in the top 40! :o  She has some awesome songs. Anyone who doesn't know her stuff should check her out. 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I love when they play "One Hit Wonders". and they'll play a song by a band that I love... but it is invariably that band's worst song.  

Because of course that's the one that makes it to the Top 40.

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

I was watching American Ninja Warrior while one the elliptical, not much else could keep me on there for 90 minutes and it is super inspiring.  Or of course a T-rex taking on the course! :D  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkNmY_Zt5A0 

Lord S'jet   lvl: 4

Challenges - Current

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time given to you" -Gandalf The Grey

Weight goal

0%
0%

Current: 174  Goal:140

DO NOT tell me the results!!!! We're going to watch the highlights later once the kids are in bed. I can't have a beer sadly, so I sincerely hope that you enjoy yours. ;)

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

6 minutes ago, SpecialSundae said:

The very one. He lives in Edinburgh.

I'm going to Edinburgh this summer! I will try to run into him.

It would be a nice addition to the CERN visit. I had a short roundup on the current state of physics by George Smoot. Although I didn't get to speak to him personally, I call it a 'meeting him'.

By the way, thinking back of CERN made me smile today. That place is awesome!

11 minutes ago, Bas said:

I'm going to Edinburgh this summer! I will try to run into him.

It would be a nice addition to the CERN visit. I had a short roundup on the current state of physics by George Smoot. Although I didn't get to speak to him personally, I call it a 'meeting him'.

By the way, thinking back of CERN made me smile today. That place is awesome!

The day they switched on the LHC, Professor Higgs and some others from Edinburgh University came in for a meeting with my then boss. I served them hot cups of tea and made a joke about finite probability drives and not wanting to see the hostess's underwear jump six feet to the right.

Someone responded, "Yes, but you'll be the first up against the wall when the revolution comes."

ETA: And it will totally make me smile if people get those references!

ETA mk2: Let me know when you're visiting if you want to meet local Nerds or are looking for local recommendations.

• Like 1

Cool. Will definitely do that. Thank you :)

Yes, always nice to be in a room with kindred spirits. At the TEDx I sat next to a theoretical physicist on the ALPHA project, researching anti matter. One of the big questions was: does anti matter fall up or down? Completely blew my mind, but I think I managed to squeeze in an improbability drive reference of some sort.

On 26 June 2016 at 4:27 PM, SevenofSeven said:

Ohhhhhh, for fucks sake! GUZZI! You will not believe it!

Holy Crap!!!!! You're right, I wouldn't have believed it! :o

We couldn't watch it last night because a friend came round and stayed a lot later than expected so I've just seen it right now. Well worth the wait!

Mega congratulations to Jack Miller though. The poor guy couldn't even talk to the cameras he was so emotional!

On the down side, one of our commentators is a complete knob. I hope yours are better, lol! 

• Like 1

Ha! That's awesome!

I am smiling because it's a lovely day...

4d21f8881fedae487ef2159cf22ee982.jpg

....and I'm sitting outside enjoying an ice cream. What could be better? (Other than sitting outside enjoying a nice cold beer, obviously) :P

• Like 1