Forums are back in action! ×

What made you smile today?

Beside Guzzi, who always makes me smile, because she is Guzzinator! 

Today I saw a young Ambulance officer (maybe mid 20's, he was a baby) with THE best handle bar moustache of all time! I know I was rude because I couldn't help but stare! Garnered my courage and said "Awesome 'stash!" He replied with the cutest blush and "thanks" OMG, I'm in love! Not only the best 'stash ever but so god damn handsome! 

• Like 3

Wait! What............?

Also in honor of @Guzzi ... four years ago today was this fateful conversation:

Phee: "Daddy, what sort of costume should I draw now?"
Me: "Uhm... a ninja princess."
Phee: "Daddy! I can't DO that!"
Me: "Oh! Why not?"
Phee: "Princesses are ALREADY ninjas, and ninjas are ALREADY princesses! I need two things that are DIFFERENT!"

• Like 10

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

This FB post I could put up today...

Holy shit, holy shit, holy shit..... Ok...breath..*calms down*

So today was insurance day at work, basically all us newbies get to choose what insurances we want. So the lady got to talking about her husband who is going through surgery recovery, and she expanded on what he did...he is...get this...

A POWERLIFTER! 

Not just small time, lift heavy in the gym type either. He has masters records here, has won bodybuilding comps...he's legit.

So yeah, he might be here tomorrow, and he'll probably already be aware that he has someone who wants to be his protégé.

*Skips off*

I'm on cloud 9 right just at the possibility of this happening.

• Like 7

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Children have this idea that sound follows "line of sight" principles and they think that if they can't actually see you then you can't hear them... Listening to them talk is hilarious! :D 

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

On 28 August 2016 at 11:28 AM, Guzzi said:

Children have this idea that sound follows "line of sight" principles and they think that if they can't actually see you then you can't hear them... Listening to them talk is hilarious! :D 

When I was teaching a Reception (Kindergarten) class, we had to observe the children playing together, to see how their social, motor, creative skills etc were getting on. One day I approached three kids playing in the garden and heard one of them whispering, "Guys. They're watching us again."

• Like 3

Level 0 Human Adventurer

STR - 1; DEX - 1; STA - 0; CON - 0; WIS - 1; CHA - 1

On 8/25/2016 at 0:32 PM, insanity said:

This FB post I could put up today...

Reveal hidden contents

Holy shit, holy shit, holy shit..... Ok...breath..*calms down*

So today was insurance day at work, basically all us newbies get to choose what insurances we want. So the lady got to talking about her husband who is going through surgery recovery, and she expanded on what he did...he is...get this...

A POWERLIFTER! 

Not just small time, lift heavy in the gym type either. He has masters records here, has won bodybuilding comps...he's legit.

So yeah, he might be here tomorrow, and he'll probably already be aware that he has someone who wants to be his protégé.

*Skips off*

I'm on cloud 9 right just at the possibility of this happening.

Good news and bad news...

Bad...meeting got moved and he wasn't here today.

Good...his wife talked to him and he's interested.

Fuck yeah!

Now I gotta make a phone call...damnit.

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

5 hours ago, SevenofSeven said:
  Hide contents

Hahahaha, love this!

awww that's just passive aggressive.  I would go for a more positive approach, like "Hey honey, wanna suck something dirty?" and then hand honey the vacuum.

• Like 1

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

As my 6 year old daughter, dangled her legs from the kitchen chair, eating her carrot, she tells me "You know what really bugs me? Is when people call me little"

This made me smile because it seemed like an adult was talking to me. I can't believe how much she is growing.

• Like 1

"One should eat to live, not live to eat." -Molaire-

"People always forget their hangover" -My dear ol' dad

"People are born to live, while some are born to evolve." 

On 30 August 2016 at 1:30 AM, SevenofSeven said:

Fuck yeah Guzzi, awesome!

Not so awesome! I got charged another £11.80 by customs. This is turning out to be one very expensive t-shirt. :( 

I hope the Old Git appreciates it, lol!

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously