Forums are back in action! ×

Hi,

My name is Nate,and I've recently heard about nerd fitness and joined the academy (apprentice level). I'm mostly looking to lost weight (a lot of weight). Being completely open I weigh 385lbs. Of course I'm also diabetic with hypertension. My goal with this program is to lose more then 100lbs, get my blood sugar in check (or eliminate diabetes completely), and get off heart pills. I know this is a heavy load (get it heavy load) but screw it I've got things I want to do and being this way is not gonna help.

So for the first time in my life I'm reaching out for help and taking this diet/ weight loss/ work out thing seriously (I bought new shoes for this, I'm taking it that seriously).

My main goal or at least a milestone of this goal (don't laugh) is to finally be able to wear the geek t-shirts I've always admired (this one in particular: http://www.designbyhumans.com/shop/men/poked-to-death-t-shirt/10247/). I know it's stupid but I've always wanted to wear stuff like that but suffered because of my size. I've laready bought the shirt and I'm looking forward to finally being able to wear it.

This my introduction and I hope to be about of this community for years to come.

• Like 4

That's a great shirt.  You can do this.

Are you doing the paleo thing for the diet front?  You could easily see some serious results with that if you stick to it!

"|Improvise, adapt, overcome. "

Level 3 Wood Elf Ranger  | STR11DEX5STA6CON3WIS2CHA3 ]

[ Dragons to slay:|250+ PFT 290+ CFT GORUCK Spartan 13.1 290+ PFT 20 +35# Pullups ]

[ Challenges: 1 2 Current ||RPG Fanatics Goblin Ganker ]

Welcome, Nate.  And good job taking your health seriously.  We're currently working to get my hubby's diabetes under better control and get his meds reduced or eliminated.  He's making progress. 

Here's to your success in this endeavor!!

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

You're planning on joining the upcoming challenge, right?  It starts next week, and you'll have an entire community cheering you on and holding you accountable as you work towards your goals.

• Like 1
"|Improvise, adapt, overcome. "

Level 3 Wood Elf Ranger  | STR11DEX5STA6CON3WIS2CHA3 ]

[ Dragons to slay:|250+ PFT 290+ CFT GORUCK Spartan 13.1 290+ PFT 20 +35# Pullups ]

[ Challenges: 1 2 Current ||RPG Fanatics Goblin Ganker ]

Welcome to the party man, good luck with your goals.  I only ever got up to about 230lbs, so I can't even imagine how daunting your path looks, but I've got tons of respect for you starting it.

Level 2 Rebel
STR: 5    DEX: 1    STA: 7    CON: 6    WIS: 4    CHA: 4

"The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward."

Latest Challenge

Challenge 1