Forums are back in action! ×

What's this exercise called?

Not sure if this is the right subforum, feel free to move.

I saw an exercise one time where somebody had the bar on their back like they were setting up to back squat, but then they did shrugs with the bar directly on their traps.

Because of my hand injury I think I may add these in instead of normal shrugs, but I have no idea what to call them for logging purposes. I googled "squat shrug" and got pictures of people doing what looked like clean grip front squats.

It'd be awesome if anybody could tell me what to call these, and secondarily if anyone had any experience with them that would be fun to hear also.

[ Babby's Ferst Challenge ]

Veganism killed my gainz

Chasing 15 rep 2xBW deadlift

I've never heard of them. It would seem like an exceptionally short range of motion since the bar would bottom out with no stretch in the traps. Have you tried using straps?

My training log

Spoiler

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (USS), April 16th Contest report

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (NAS), April 18th Contest report

Eighth Annual Vis Vires Outdoor Strongman Competition (Unsanctioned), August 1st Contest report

"What's the difference between an injury that you train around and an injury that you train through?"

"A trip to the hospital"

Not sure if this is the right subforum, feel free to move.

I saw an exercise one time where somebody had the bar on their back like they were setting up to back squat, but then they did shrugs with the bar directly on their traps.

Because of my hand injury I think I may add these in instead of normal shrugs, but I have no idea what to call them for logging purposes. I googled "squat shrug" and got pictures of people doing what looked like clean grip front squats.

It'd be awesome if anybody could tell me what to call these, and secondarily if anyone had any experience with them that would be fun to hear also.

In another thread I saw what they were calling a Zercher Squat, which I had never heard of, but looking at it I could see a possibility of doing shrugs with it.

Just food for thought...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)