Forums are back in action! ×

Rides (What do you drive?)

I'm not saying people need to be perfect.  Just that they need to drive while driving. It's another reason I wish we taught more people on manual transmissions here in the States.  They force you to pay more attention to the vehicle and driving it properly. 

This.  A thousand times this.

I was trying to explain to my boss (one of them) the other week why I have a knack for what I do.  I work on high dollar electron and ion microscopes.  The old ones are manual, the new ones are fancier, they all fuss a bit.

When I get in my car I have a manual transmission, a transfer case lever, and no ABS.  It never "fusses" and I always know what to expect of it.  I may have a knack for machines, but when I spend all day working with prima donna equipment, I want to spend my weekends in my 20 year old Cherokee.

All this car talk is making me more upset that I don't have $30,000 to buy my friends F truck :'(

Oh well... Let's see if I can make my own :D

& DO IT, CONVERT YOUR RAM TO MANUAL!

Egg, Level 1

Dragon, Adventurer

| STR 2 | DEX 0 | STA 1 | CON 0 | WIS 7 | CHA 0

1 2

All this car talk is making me more upset that I don't have $30,000 to buy my friends F truck :'(

Oh well... Let's see if I can make my own :D

& DO IT, CONVERT YOUR RAM TO MANUAL!

I already have plans for it... the only downfall is that is costs more than the truck originally cost. So I'm planning on doing an engine swap, and when I do that, I'll have a manual tranny attached to it, and hopefully that'll help cut costs.

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I already have plans for it... the only downfall is that is costs more than the truck originally cost. So I'm planning on doing an engine swap, and when I do that, I'll have a manual tranny attached to it, and hopefully that'll help cut costs.

Yes =/ that is a problem. Why does it have to cost more :( :(

Egg, Level 1

Dragon, Adventurer

1 2

Egg, Level 1

Dragon, Adventurer

1 2

You're basically taking an engine that has no idea how to talk to a manual tranny, and trying to get it to speak it's language. Which is why I'm going to wait, I figure an engine that's already hooked to a manual will be able to talk to it. Just drop the engine in (Which will of course be a horsepower monster) with the tranny, then cut the appropriate holes for the shifter and the clutch... then I get to ride.

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

You're basically taking an engine that has no idea how to talk to a manual tranny, and trying to get it to speak it's language. Which is why I'm going to wait, I figure an engine that's already hooked to a manual will be able to talk to it. Just drop the engine in (Which will of course be a horsepower monster) with the tranny, then cut the appropriate holes for the shifter and the clutch... then I get to ride.

Sorry, I was being sarcastic, it wasn't actually a question lol. But thanks for the explanation :)

Yay for horsepower monsters!! ;P My boyfriend is convinced I should just get a monster truck as I always tell him I'm not the little girl type who would ever drive a Prius or a Ford Focus! And plus with a monster truck I can park over top of my sisters Ford Fiesta... hehehe..

• Like 1

Egg, Level 1

Dragon, Adventurer

1 2

Sorry, I was being sarcastic, it wasn't actually a question lol. But thanks for the explanation :)

Yay for horsepower monsters!! ;P My boyfriend is convinced I should just get a monster truck as I always tell him I'm not the little girl type who would ever drive a Prius or a Ford Focus! And plus with a monster truck I can park over top of my sisters Ford Fiesta... hehehe..

Ahhh fair enough...

I can relate... that was a dream as a kid... I was gonna be a scientist, and a monster truck driver... I'm close to the scientist part...

If I could afford the tires, I'd be a monster truck driver.

My first challenge

My boyfriend is convinced I should just get a monster truck as I always tell him I'm not the little girl type who would ever drive a Prius or a Ford Focus! And plus with a monster truck I can park over top of my sisters Ford Fiesta... hehehe..

I keep threatening to buy an El Camino or an early Ranchero.  Apparently my SO is afraid this might be a bit to redneck - even though our (my) current ride is a lifted Cherokee....hmmmm.  He may be sunk already.

I keep threatening to buy an El Camino or an early Ranchero.  Apparently my SO is afraid this might be a bit to redneck - even though our (my) current ride is a lifted Cherokee....hmmmm.  He may be sunk already.

DOOOO ITTTT!

• Like 1

My first challenge

As insanity said --> DOOOO ITTTTTTT!!!! :D

I used to threaten that I'd get a lift kit and put it on my commodore.. that never went down well. Although, my commodore would look hilarious.

Egg, Level 1

Dragon, Adventurer

1 2

Ahhh fair enough...

I can relate... that was a dream as a kid... I was gonna be a scientist, and a monster truck driver... I'm close to the scientist part...

If I could afford the tires, I'd be a monster truck driver.

Hahaha well, you could be a scientist monster truck driver, or name your truck 'The Scientist'.

Egg, Level 1

Dragon, Adventurer

1 2

As insanity said --> DOOOO ITTTTTTT!!!! :D

I used to threaten that I'd get a lift kit and put it on my commodore.. that never went down well. Although, my commodore would look hilarious.

Lift kit... Dodge Neon.... nuff said...

Hahaha well, you could be a scientist monster truck driver, or name your truck 'The Scientist'.

H2BOOM! :-)

My first challenge

Lift kit... Dodge Neon.... nuff said...

H2BOOM! :-)

Well, I'm loling at the Dodge Neon with a lift kit (we don't have dodge neon's here either). It looks hilarious but oh so worth it at the same time!

AND H2BOOM IS PERFECT!

Egg, Level 1

Dragon, Adventurer

1 2

Well, I'm loling at the Dodge Neon with a lift kit (we don't have dodge neon's here either). It looks hilarious but oh so worth it at the same time!

So did the guy at the shop that I went to.

I also didn't mean sarcastic in my other post to you Insanity. Sarcastic was the wrong work but I hope you get what I meant now =/

You're good... :-)

My first challenge

So driving a lifted Cherokee is as close as I'm going to get to a monster truck, unless someone parks a Ford Raptor in my driveway (and even then, those things take themselves way too seriously). But I am a scientist! Does it count?

Also when the SO grumbles about the El Camino it's pretty tongue-in-cheek.

I would also take an AMC Eagle, no questions asked.

All this muscle car talk is making me want to get the Camaro out of storage and bring it back to daily driver status.  

Course, then I remember that I kinda like air conditioning. And rack & pinion steering.  And power disc brakes.  And a radio with mroe than one speaker.  

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I have a '96 Subaru Legacy sedan, base L edition, that I can't get the stupid emissions thing yo read, so I am unable to drive it due to a revoked title (haven't driven it much since insurance was dropped in January, replaced the fuel pump yo get the check engine light off) My parents bought the car with 20k on it in 1998. Just shy of 300 now, want to replace the engine with a twin turbo and manual transmission

and get it so I can drive it without being worried about getting pulled over.

Also have '67 c10 step side that I have been saying I am going to rebuild since I bought it, let's see, 2003 I think? Getting a little more done on it now, hopefully it will run again soon, then I start tearing parts off and fix the dents.

Recently bought a 1973 Dodge Sportsman motorhome, planning on living in that for a while and traveling after I get some more medical figured out (and it running, sitting for a few years)

I still miss my X.

1994 Ford Exploder. Drove in places my friend said his Cherokee wouldn't fit, and have had it in a rut where I had ground level with my window, 4" away. Traded it in at 200+ for a more economical car, bad engagement, and some people didn't want to ride in it anymore, they thought it was dangerous for some reason, possible the fact that I have had it on two wheels going around corners, shocks almost gone, just to start.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Briguy, level 2 STR 1|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2[/TD][/TR][/TABLE] "Learn the principle, abide by the principle, and dissolve the principle. In short, enter a mold without being caged in it. Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!" Bruce Lee "To Live by a principal is to live, do die with no principal you have not lived."

Battle Log   My Fitness Pal

I have a '96 Subaru Legacy sedan, base L edition, that I can't get the stupid emissions thing yo read, so I am unable to drive it due to a revoked title (haven't driven it much since insurance was dropped in January, replaced the fuel pump yo get the check engine light off)

Do you know what the Diagnostic Trouble Codes were?  A fuel pump generally won't set a light for emissions systems.  Hell, sometimes a pump won't even set a code at all.   

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

It said fuel temp sensor, looked it up in some forums and it was something they tried for two years, from what I read it wasn't even listed in the repair manual from Subaru, I just got a new fuel pump from the junkyard, and speakers, since I blew the old ones in the 90's

• Like 1

Briguy, level 2 STR 1|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2[/TD][/TR][/TABLE] "Learn the principle, abide by the principle, and dissolve the principle. In short, enter a mold without being caged in it. Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!" Bruce Lee "To Live by a principal is to live, do die with no principal you have not lived."

Battle Log   My Fitness Pal