Forums are back in action! ×

Rides (What do you drive?)

I forgot, since none of my vehicles run per say right now I drive a 1981 Mercedes Benz 240D. A big steel box with no power, and it gives you whiplash when it shifts someitmes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Briguy, level 2 STR 1|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2[/TD][/TR][/TABLE] "Learn the principle, abide by the principle, and dissolve the principle. In short, enter a mold without being caged in it. Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!" Bruce Lee "To Live by a principal is to live, do die with no principal you have not lived."

Battle Log   My Fitness Pal

So driving a lifted Cherokee is as close as I'm going to get to a monster truck, unless someone parks a Ford Raptor in my driveway (and even then, those things take themselves way too seriously). But I am a scientist! Does it count?

Also when the SO grumbles about the El Camino it's pretty tongue-in-cheek.

I would also take an AMC Eagle, no questions asked.

I feel sad that Australia doesn't have these awesome cars you are talking about! :( Although, I don't really know what to think about the AMC Eagle.

And yes, being a scientist counts ;P

Egg, Level 1

Dragon, Adventurer

| STR 2 | DEX 0 | STA 1 | CON 0 | WIS 7 | CHA 0

1 2

All this muscle car talk is making me want to get the Camaro out of storage and bring it back to daily driver status.  

Course, then I remember that I kinda like air conditioning. And rack & pinion steering.  And power disc brakes.  And a radio with mroe than one speaker.  

You should do it! Nobody really needs air conditioning... I live in Australia & my current car has no air con, partially because my mechanic boyfriend can't be bothered fixing it & I can't be bothered getting him to fix it cause I like it how it is.. even if it does get way too hot in summer.. *shrugs*

The Camaro is totally worth getting out!!

Egg, Level 1

Dragon, Adventurer

1 2

I have a '96 Subaru Legacy sedan, base L edition, that I can't get the stupid emissions thing yo read, so I am unable to drive it due to a revoked title (haven't driven it much since insurance was dropped in January, replaced the fuel pump yo get the check engine light off) My parents bought the car with 20k on it in 1998. Just shy of 300 now, want to replace the engine with a twin turbo and manual transmission and get it so I can drive it without being worried about getting pulled over. Also have '67 c10 step side that I have been saying I am going to rebuild since I bought it, let's see, 2003 I think? Getting a little more done on it now, hopefully it will run again soon, then I start tearing parts off and fix the dents. Recently bought a 1973 Dodge Sportsman motorhome, planning on living in that for a while and traveling after I get some more medical figured out (and it running, sitting for a few years) I still miss my X. 1994 Ford Exploder. Drove in places my friend said his Cherokee wouldn't fit, and have had it in a rut where I had ground level with my window, 4" away. Traded it in at 200+ for a more economical car, bad engagement, and some people didn't want to ride in it anymore, they thought it was dangerous for some reason, possible the fact that I have had it on two wheels going around corners, shocks almost gone, just to start. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I found this picture http://www.imcdb.org/i431130.jpg

and I loled. You could totally use your motorhome for a monster truck now!

I hate having to google things cause I have no idea what all these American cars are..

Egg, Level 1

Dragon, Adventurer

1 2

Nah... would have been a fully custom job, way too expensive for a low ranking military guy.

Everything is too expensive at the moment =/ I figured that if I bought my $30k F truck that I could live in that. The tray is large enough to stick a tent and a mattress in... lol

Egg, Level 1

Dragon, Adventurer

1 2

A red/purple/changescolorinthesun 2010 Toyota Yaris. I average 37mpg and it's SO fun to drive! It kinda even looks like a shuttlecraft (as my dad pointed out)!

Metallic paint is cool!! Hahaha I like that! I normally compare cars to animals.... lol

Egg, Level 1

Dragon, Adventurer

1 2

I feel sad that Australia doesn't have these awesome cars you are talking about! :( Although, I don't really know what to think about the AMC Eagle.

And yes, being a scientist counts ;P

I like old muscle cars and the early Eagles were a step off the beaten path. There was one in my grocery store parking lot a couple months ago. Burnt orange, 4wd, v8 fastback. It's a very very high fastback too, with those leaf springs doing their job. It just looks like something I would love to thrash along open dirt road.

I was looking at late 70s broncos on craigslist yesterday too. The thing is the Cherokee is much cheaper to buy gas for and I've taken up some very very narrow stuff. For fireroads the Broncos and old Blazers are cool, but for Forest Service roads, the little Cherokee is unbeatable.

I don't know if this thread is good for me :(

My current cars:  2007 Honda Accord V6.  Automatic transmission that I drive like a manual A LOT.  The family hauler is a 2003 Honda Pilot.

This thread makes me miss my truck that I had to sell to get the Pilot when my wife was pregnant with our first kid.  2000 Ford Ranger V6 4WD.  Manual transmission and a few modifications, fun as hell to drive.  It was loud and sat higher than normal.  I didn't care.  That was painful to let go.

2 most memorable vehicles. 

1985 Honda Accord.. I know, memorable?  Had almost 400,000 on it when the transmission broke.

1977 AMC Hornet Wagon.  Inline 6.  Original color was lime green.  I painted it white.  Met my wife with this car, somehow she didn't break up with me.

What I want:

Next vehicle is going to be a Jeep.  Upgrades galore.

Toyota Supra Mk IV, Twin Turbo

• Like 1

"Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A B A"

Challenge: #1

A minivan.  With the stick-figure family in the back window.  *hangs head in shame*

My previous vehicle was a Jeep Liberty Limited 4X4, that I had for 8 years and did not want to give up.  But, alas, it wasn't built for 2 carseats, one of which had to be rear-facing.  So the van was the practical choice.  It's great and all (and super comfortable), but I miss my Jeep.  I do still get to drive it sometimes on the weekends (it's DH's daily driver now). 

I am generally anti-vehicle-flare, but my daughter really wanted the stick figure family and DH got it for me for Mother's Day last year, so there it is.  Not even a T-Rex involved.  :(

• Like 1

Currently:

2001 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4x4 5-speed (I hate, HATE driving a truck)

DSCN1006.jpg

I don't know, that pic looks pretty enjoyable to me.  Course, I've had a truck for a daily driver, so I don't really know.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

That day was fun.  Commuting back and forth to work on the highway every day: not so fun

Clutch replacement day: not so fun

x3-1.jpg

Haha.  Been there, done that.  Yea definitely not the most fun in the world.  I really enjoy working on my cars, but there's two things I'm more than happy to pay someone else to do: paint and transmissions.  Eff those things.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

My only mode of transport now is a little 250 virago.
Just got onto my open license so whenever I have the funds I'm defiantly going to go bigger, maybe another cruiser like an 1100 virago or something.
2007-yamaha-virago-250-1_600x0w.jpg

• Like 1

Level 2 Warrior
(STR) 4  (DEX) 4  (STA) 3  (CON) 2  (WIS) 4  (CHA) 3

First Challenge is here
Second is here