Forums are back in action! ×

I made it back to the gym!

Thanks guys! I was back again tonight! :) I should (hopefully!) be back on track after getting that first visit back out the way. I'm not saying they were the most successful trips back (my old weights class is fully booked so I sort of just muddled through a routine by myself) but I'm back and that's one step closer to levelling up than I was before!

(Going to try out this quote business so if it doesn't work, I apologise!!)

2128m

Awesome! You missed all the resolutioners

Totally true about missing the resolutioners.  I just gave them some extra time to leave and that's why I left it so late to go back!   ;) I cope much better when there's less people there.

Guzzi

What kind of routine are you doing? Free weights or using the machines?

Erm....well, this is what I mean about them not being so successful trips!  My gym's had a major refurb since I've been gone so the weight machines no longer make sense to me!!  And, although I did venture down to the weights room, I got all intimidated and came out again!  I've been using the smaller hand weights.  Last time I tried out a kettlebell routine I'd found online.  Never used kettlebells before - those things are weird!!  Ha!  I'm just trying to work up the courage to ask one of the staff members to give me a refresher on how to use the machines and maybe help me put a program together for the free weights.  Courage is not something I have a lot of though!  :(

You only need 20s of it though.... ;)

And don't worry, most gyms have a requisite for new members to have an "induction" on how to use all the equipment before they let you use it anyway. All that Health & Safety nonsense.

I'm sure if you just mention that the last time you were there was before the refurb, they'll be scurrying to give you a demonstration.

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously