Forums are back in action! ×

First submission finish!

I resumed my BJJ training in early February. Since then I was able to defend submissions fine, but I was never able to finish a submission since coming back. At first, I was frustrateduntil one day a friend posted a meme basically saying that most times you're the nail while everyone else is the hammer. I knew it, but it didn't hit me until I saw that meme. My whole outlook on training changed. Instead of letting the frustration get to me, I kept working. I was aware of not getting any subs, but I didn't let it bother me.

Today, I was rolling with my partner for 20 minutes straight during which we both threatened, but didn't finish until we scrambled and somehow I wound up with a front headlock, which I then turned into an Anaconda choke. I finally got one.

Battle Log |Current Challenge: Better Late Than Never| Previous Challenges: 1 | 

instagram: @gambitbjj | Winner of the Harry Potter PVP Challenge: House Ravenclaw

Woohoo! Way to go!!

I had to look up BJJ - Brazilian jiu-jitsu for other folks not in the know. Looks like fun :)

Gilgamelissa

race: wood elf | class: assassin

str 5 | dex 2 | sta 3 | con 3 | wis 0 | cha 0

"Mood? What has mood to do with it? You fight when the necessity arises — no matter the mood! Mood's a thing for cattle or making love or playing the baliset. It's not for fighting." - Frank Herbert, Dune

logintroductionfirst challenge | second challenge | third challenge (current)

I resumed my BJJ training in early February. Since then I was able to defend submissions fine, but I was never able to finish a submission since coming back. At first, I was frustrateduntil one day a friend posted a meme basically saying that most times you're the nail while everyone else is the hammer. I knew it, but it didn't hit me until I saw that meme. My whole outlook on training changed. Instead of letting the frustration get to me, I kept working. I was aware of not getting any subs, but I didn't let it bother me.

Today, I was rolling with my partner for 20 minutes straight during which we both threatened, but didn't finish until we scrambled and somehow I wound up with a front headlock, which I then turned into an Anaconda choke. I finally got one.

I'd say that's a hell of a woot... when you calm down, things like that tend to get easier. :-)

Woohoo! Way to go!!

I had to look up BJJ - Brazilian jiu-jitsu for other folks not in the know. Looks like fun :)

It is... I want to get back into myself once done with school.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)