Forums are back in action! ×

Hello.

I am new-ish to the forums. Bit of a lurker, MadPict's significant other, nutrition obsessed, functional strength (not the crossfit definition) obsessed. Paleo-esque but given up on full rigidity as the benefits from 80-100% well, law of diminishing returns means that dates, sugar and the odd pie trump slight improvement of focus and slight lengthening of lifespan any day. I'll probably die ran over by a herd of something or other anyway, with how I intend to lead my life.

I am blunt, hardly have empathy (and most of that is for dogs, not humans) and don't really care. Despite this, I will help anyone where I can because I like being right and accept help where I need it because I hate being wrong.

Pleased to meet you all.

• Like 1

Level 0.

Race: Human. Tribe: Slavic. Battle style: Haphazard.

STR: 0. STA: 0. DEX: 0. CON: 0. WIS: 0. CHA: 0.

Battle log.

First Challenge.

Hi, MadSlav and welcome to the Rebellion!!

Have you taken a look at the 6-week challenges?  I find that they are helpful for focusing on a few improvements for a defined period of time.  Hop over to the Level 1 camp and check it out:  http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/352-level-1-rebels/.

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Have you taken a look at the 6-week challenges?  I find that they are helpful for focusing on a few improvements for a defined period of time.  Hop over to the Level 1 camp and check it out:  http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/352-level-1-rebels/.

Thanks, having a look.

Level 0.

Battle log.

First Challenge.

Thanks, having a look.

Level 0.

Battle log.

First Challenge.

Thanks, having a look.

Level 0.

Battle log.

First Challenge.

Hey! Welcome on board! I know your hubby is a biker, do you ride too? Im another UK nerd so give me a shout if there's anything I can do to help you out, or if you just want a blether. ;)

Ps. And prod MadPict. He hasn't updated his challenge log. How's that for accountability!!! :P

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Hey! Welcome on board! I know your hubby is a biker, do you ride too? Im another UK nerd so give me a shout if there's anything I can do to help you out, or if you just want a blether. ;)

Ps. And prod MadPict. He hasn't updated his challenge log. How's that for accountability!!! :tongue:

I'm getting my CBT and the likes out the way a little later in the year. Paradoxically, I've been too nomadic to arrange bike lessons until now.

Haha. MadPict arranges his weeks based on when he deadlifts, so that'll be how he'll do his log as well. One should be due tonight or tomorrow, mind.

Level 0.

Battle log.

First Challenge.

Haha! I'm totally with you on the "strict paleo" thing. I'm not turning down pudding if I go out to a restaurant. No way José. Do you lift too, or do you do something else instead.

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Haha! I'm totally with you on the "strict paleo" thing. I'm not turning down pudding if I go out to a restaurant. No way José. Do you lift too, or do you do something else instead.

Yeah. I think there's merit in staying strict for the first few months. Probably because that's what I did and it worked. But once you've worked out what your body needs the 80/20 rule, or the 1950s diet rule is closer to the mark.

And yes, I lift. Sometimes weights sessions need to be swapped-out in favour of 4-5 hours of digging in the garden, though. Turning earth, shifting rocks and tree segments and moving rolls of turf is hard work, but needs to be done.

• Like 1

Level 0.

Battle log.

First Challenge.