Forums are back in action! ×

Went to Brazil for work. Got another job done too.

I came to brazil for work about 3 months ago.  My main concern was leaving not any heavier than I came.  I love brazilian food (I was born and lived here quite a while before moving to the States), and gyms "aren't for me."  So at first, I ate a little lighter, and walked a little on the treadmill.  Then I ate a little better and ran on the treadmill.  Then I ate a little lighter, and a little better, and ran on the treadmill.  And lifted some weights... And on... And on...  Finally, some results.  Now the challenge will be translating this lifestyle to my home life.

post-28763-0-31860300-1398132789_thumb.j

In three months?? That's quite the transformation! Congratulations! Aaahhh, I want to go back to Brazil so badly... I spent a little time there (in Tocantins) last summer and am counting down til I can return. Best of luck continuing with this new lifestyle. Do you cook a lot of the food you've been eating yourself? That seems like it would be a huge help. I'm doubly impressed because my experience with Brazilian food is one of impeccable and very rich meals. If I hadn't been hauling dirt around most of the time, I probably would've gained five pounds in the two weeks we were there!

Aisha
Half-Giant Warrior, Level 5

STR: 7 || DEX: 6 || STA: 8 || CON: 7.5 || WIS: 12.5 || CHA: 5

Challenges: 5 4 3 2 1

If you have come here to help me, you are wasting your time.

But if you have come because your liberation is bound up with mine,

then let us work together. -Lilla Watson

Thank you!  I'm really happy about my progress.  It certainly hasn't been easy.  I actually haven't done any cooking at all.  But I've been fortunate to be really picky about what I eat.  So I've been eating a lot of raw protein (sushi, mostly), gave up soda (and booze) essentially altogether.  I limit my carbohydrate intake to less than 100g/day (whole grains only) and I've been working out 5-6 days a week.  The hardest part will be maintaining once I return, but now I have something to lose.  Before, I didn't.  It was just easy to keep being the same way.  If I don't maintain, I'll lose this progress, so that's good motivation to keep going.

That is an amazing change in 3 months, well done! It sounds like you are developing solid habits so hopefully it shouldn't be to hard to maintain when you get home:)

Level 0 Stunted Ogre-Adventurer/Ranger

STR 0 : DEX 0 : STA 0 : CON 0 : WIS 0 : CHA 0

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experiance! George Carlin