Forums are back in action! ×

Hey there!

I am one of the lazy guys in my early 20s that seldom do something active. (I am more of the gamer-type)  However, I have decided it is time to change that. I got recruited to NerdFitness by a friend and decided to give this site a try, the concept seems like a great deal of fun, by combining RPG elements with real-life!  I am not good with exercising and have been eating a bunch of junk food lately, which has caused my weight to rise. So my goal is to reduce the amount of junk-food intake for each week and start to eat more GOOD food, exercise more and in doing that, change my life-style so I can feel more confident in myself. (I often feel insecure and not good enough, which is mostly related to my body)

I have a lot of belly-fat I want to get rid of and also would love to build some strength in my arms since they are way too weak to do anything good.

All I can say is that I feel sort of hyped to do this, and hope to learn a lot in the process!

• Like 2

Just Dance 2014, walking (might evolve that into jogging), bodyweight exercises and maybe Yoga. At least that's the current plan. I thought of alternateing between those, since that should give me a varied exercise-week and nothing should get boring that way. (the thoughts might change)

In regards to running, I can't stress enough how useful a program like the "Couch to 5k" is for beginners. I HATED running. I mean, really hated it. Wouldn't even run to catch a bus, but after 10 weeks even I can run 5k, unbelievable!

Love the sound of doing Just Dance, that should be fun! And yeah, just getting out and walking is probably one of the best things you can do. It's underrated by most folk. ;)

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Thanks for the reply! Yea, I'll most likely use some sort of coach program.

I also hate running, but mostly because I don't have the endurance I need to do it for long (currently I can run for aobut 15 sec, then I get very exhausted) I trust a program like that can help me build up all things necessary :)

Just dance is truly awesome, mostly because it's so darn fun!

• Like 1

Hi,

sounds like a good plan. Perhaps you could combine Just Dance with wrist and ankle weights. They are perfect for this kind of movement and even small ones, like 1kg, can really make a difference. They are extremely versatile and can be used for pretty much everything. I use them when i play the drums and jogging. They are awesome!

Keep up the good work and ........Just Dance!

• Like 1

hmm, ankle weights sounds a bit interesting. Might look into it :) 

I also thought it might be worth a mention that I'm trying to change my diet some  by following a paleo-ish diet. So more home-cooked food! (the best thing is that I'll most likely pick up some good recipes and skills in the kitchen meanwhile I get a bit more healthy :D )

Welcome!  I completely agree about the home-cooked food thing. My husband and I, both gamers, were big fans of the quick, pre-fixed meals because of time and ease but we're trying to cook more at home to improve what we eat and get rid of all the chemicals and things in processed foods.  It's awesome learning those new skills.  Best of luck!  

Intro, Challenges:  1, 2

Level: 1   Race: Human  Profession: Ranger

STR: 2  DEX: 1  STA: 1  CON: 1  WIS: 3  CHA: 2

"[i fear] a cage. . . . To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - J.R.R. Tolkien

"Your mind will quit a hundred times before your body ever does.  Feel the pain and do it anyway"