Forums are back in action! ×

Hello from Australia

Hello all!

I'm Candice.

I have struggled with my weight my whole life...never really being fat just always a little chubby. My whole family struggle with their weight. My grandmother insists it’s a genetic issue...which it kind of is, because we have a genetic love of chocolate biscuits.

I got to my heaviest weight for my wedding 2 years ago, I was 90kgs. While I'm not pleased I was that heavy at least I know my husband loves me at any size.

I joined MFP and lost the first 10kgs in 3 months pretty easily. SO now I'm back to just kind of chubby as opposed to being fat. Since then I have been struggling to stick to anything, had some long plateaus and kind of given up.

I come here now with renewed energy that i dont want to be the person who never joins in the games because I'm too unfit. I dont want to be a bad influence on my niece and have her inherit my 'poor genetics', I want her to see that exercising is fun, food is awesome and treats are exactly that.

As far as being a nerd, I am your run of the mill con attending, cosplaying, JRPG playing sort of geek. I am also considering joining the local LARP group.

Looking forward to getting to know people, as I do better when in a group, trying out some 6 week challenges and hopefully getting NF acadamy membership for my birthday

xxx

• Like 1

Level 1 Adventurer

Race: Human/Hobbit

Current stats: STR-1  DEX-1  STA-2  CON-1  WIS-2  CHA-3

Current Challenge

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34

Distance to Rivendell

0%
0%

You've got some good motivations there. ^_^ the six week challenges are great (says she only one and a half weeks into her first) and seriously I love the community already. :D These people are awesome!

Oooh LARPing sounds like fun - and a great way to exercise without it feeling like exercise if you know what I mean.

I'm here so I'd have a chance in The Hunger Games. I'm here so that if the Doctor grabbed my hand and said "Run" I'd be able to keep up. I'm here so that I can climb every mountain.... Oh hello Sound of Music how did you creep in there?